Hi everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexy53

Reaction score
Hey everyone, names Pat. I started home brewing about a year ago. I'm very excited to connect with a community of brewers and share/learn new techniques and info. So far I've made a West Coast IPA, an Imperial Red IPA (My favorite), and Orange Saison, a very hybrid Red ale infused with Tuaca and am currently brewing an American Ale (from a Helles recipe). My operation is pretty small and I am admittedly still a bit novice but eager to expand my knowledge. I started with kits but have since been concocting my own recipes. Still have not attempted all-grain yet.

Welcome to HBT. I've been doing extract since 1994 and won't change now. Only did one kit, the first, which my kids gave me for Christmas. The rest were brews from Charlie Papazian or elsewhere or made up. I've never had a bad brew, but I didn't find "Cherries in the Snow" to my liking. If I was young, I'd probably feel compelled to go to one vessel electric. But I'm not.

Last edited:
Thanks! I went to college in NC. The itsy bitsy town of Misenheimer. Played lacrosse at Pfeiffer.

Back