Hi all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyjaa

Reaction score
I am a fairly new member from over the pond.
Been involved in home brewing for about 30 years on and off and have been intregued when reading some of your posts on brewing.
I suppose l am just the same when it comes to the Amber stuff and find it a great escape and hobby.
I currently have about 40 odd bottles of IPA bottled 4weeks before Christmas along with a small batch of malted Christmas porter infused with allspice berries, and 2 barrels of Apple cider along with apple and pear mix and single variety apple small batch stuff.
There are lots of equipment parts we don't get access to like the ones in the states.
I have a brew system made from alloy brewing kegs which have been 'acquired' from various Brewery companies. From traditional kegs like Carlesburg, Thwaites, and Thekstons.
Most batches are 5 or 6 gallon or 10or 12 gallon. I have now just started to use corney kegs which are far easier to clean.
I built a Summerhouse at the top of the garden and have set up a private bar in there complete with gas lines coolers and fonts.
Back in the old days, when first experimenting, it was the 40 pint kits in a tin before moving to grains and hops.
The latest brew is a clone of PROPER Job IPA which has turned out to be my beer of choice at the moment.
Various boil times, with the use of three hop verieties, Cascade, Chinook and Willamette.
Always on the lookout for unusual recipes and have made wine from tapping Silver Birch trees, coffee, cherries elderflower, elderberry, banana and nettles!
I will continue to keep an eye on the forum for tips and tricks and hopefully, provide a few too!
Andy (passmeglass)

Back