Help, Yellow flex question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgcoupe

Reaction score
I am trying to hook a yellow flex hose to my 3/8 male which has an orifice. The issue i can't figure out is I have a 3/8 flare female adapter that comes with the yellow flex but my 3/8 male flare fits loosely when screwing in. See pic below please. This is what my burner has on the orifice end.

My Hose is
12 Inch Flexible Epoxy Coated Gas Dryer Connector with 1/2 Inch Outer Diameter & 3/8 Inch FIP x 1/2 Inch MIP Fitting,

Attachments

• ee.jpg
    ee.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 56
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 52
  • tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 49
I see the pics but I’m not sure which one is the loose fitting piece.

What kind of burner is it and I’m going to guess your hooking up to natural gas?

The orifice fits loosely into the female. Finger pointing to it. Screws in but has wiggle. I got a feeling this might be related to the flex hose being gas hose/ gas ends size. Like NPT where it should be SAE. Something like that. I am using a king kooker burner for this set up for cooking with LP, no natural gas. I might even have to replace the orifice if I want it to work with the gas flex hose. I figured if I have a 3/8 brass fitting male flare, it would be easy connect to a 3/8 female flare. Don’t think it’s that easy here.

There’s gotta be a way to go straight from the end of the flex gas hose which will connect to my 3/8 flare that has orifice. Just like the 2nd post with the single image.

Ok, yes NPT or SAE difference is exactly what I was thinking. I don’t really have any experience with this, I used hard metal lines and made the flares for my stand and burners. You might have to get creative to get it to fit together. And maybe use some
Hard line in between to make it work.

Since the hose is gas line for the dryer, I am almost sure I can replace my 3/8 end that has a 1/8 orifice hole on the other end. Do you have any guidance on where I can get the 3/8 end SAE that has a 1/8 on the other end with an orifice hose for my burner?

Back