Help sanatize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobjack

Reaction score
So I had a bunch going on and not sure if I grabbed the right keg to fill my beer I drained the sanatize water in it but I may or may not have grabbed the keg with the carboy cleaning tablet and didn’t use starsan. All I did was empty the liquid once again not sure if it was from the tablet or startsan. My question is if I mixed my beer with the foam from the tablets is that ok? Sorry if this is hard to make sense I am beyond mad at myself...

What is that cleaning tablet? Something like these Craft Meister tablets?
I've never seen them, but they may simply be compressed Oxiclean, judging by the description. How big are they? How much water was used to dissolve it?

If you dumped it out, there's not all that much that clings to the walls, probably less than an ounce of the working solution in 4-5 gallons of beer. I doubt you'd even taste it. If it was foamy it may well have been Starsan.

I wouldn't worry about it. RDWHAHB!
Is that your NEIPA? Taste it, and tell us what you think.

Re: Sanitation
If the keg was already clean (and perhaps rinsed), sanitation is likely OK. The keg will be kept cold in a fridge/keezer? Not much that can grow in there all that fast.
For all security: Drink up! They're to be enjoyed fresh!

You are about to find out if it's ok or not.
TBH there is not a lot you can do about it now if there really was an issue (which there probably wasnt), and as lizard said, drink up, in all likely hood you probably have great tasting beer :)

Back