Help repairing/refurbishing an old Beverage-Air BM23 Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsatumbleweed

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm relatively new to home brewing (2 all grain batches so far), but I have a buddy who bought a new kegerator and gifted me his old Beverege-Air BM23. I figure this is as good of a reason as any to start kegging my stuff.

The problem: The BM23 is in pretty bad shape (see attached pictures). I don't think I'll have any trouble cleaning the rusty metal and cleaning/replacing some of the old lines with the help of existing threads on this forum. The main issue is that while the BM23 *used* to work fine, the motivation for his upgrade was that he was replacing the evaporator fan and he accidentally pulled a wire loose. My issue is that I can't for the life of me figure out where it went. Most of the resources I've found say to wire the new fan as the old one was, or to connect the wires the same way as the old fan. I wasn't around when the old fan was unmounted, so I don't know how things were attached. Here's an image of what I'm talking about:

1IjAPAp

On top of this, another wire seems to have come loose from the temperature control knob on the left. There looks to be a contact point on the back of the knob for it, but I wanted to verify that is indeed what I'm looking for. Here is another clarifying image:

1IjAPAp,P1bmT9h

The good news is it was a functioning kegerator before the wire pull incident, and so I'm sure it won't be too hard to get up and running. Any advice on how to proceed is very much appreciated! Also, any general advice for a newbie to kegging/Kegerator ownership is always welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and cheers! Looking forward to becoming a regular contributor to the forums!

EDIT: The images don't seem to be displaying, at least not on my machine. Here are the imgur links:

Image 1:http://imgur.com/1IjAPAp,P1bmT9h#0

Image 2:http://imgur.com/1IjAPAp,P1bmT9h#1

Back