Good android brewing app?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
Ive used brewpal on the iphone for a year, it was awesome. Seamless interface, simple sparge volume calculations, SG and brix SG and FG for each recipe (displaying my %abv right next to the recipe), yeast count estimation, refractometer alcohol correction built in...

I upgraded to a GS4. Tried out a bunch of free brewing apps, none of them cut it. I shelled out the $8 or so for beersmith mobile. Total disappointment. It is nothing but a glorified recipe builder, its slow, and is no longer useful after you buy your ingredients.

Does anyone know of an android brewing app that even comes close to the iphone's brewpal?

Not sure about BrewPal as I have never used it. But if you have BeerSmith for the computer I have an app (BrewAide) that I designed to be used on brewday to help so you can use your phone or tablet instead of a computer.

No recipe editing functionality but you can export your recipe from beersmith to it either hard on your phone or use dropbox for online storage. It gives you a brew step screen that is very similar to the brew steps that you get with beersmith. It is free so give it a try

I've been using BrewR, its free, easy to use but basic. It's missing a few features that I'd like to see it have but it does the job.

I use BrewR and like it a lot. I also use Brewer's Friend for brewday it has all of the essential calculators you would need.

Brew Aide is another(probably one of the aforementioned sub par apps though). Just noticed Brewer's Friend, that looks awesome. Can't wait until they integrate the webpage recipes.

Back