Hello from Wrangell, Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopalongAK

Reaction score
I have been reading suggestions about brewing from this forum for years and realized I should join your group. My husband and I have dabbled in brewing beer, wine and mead, and I have just started my first batch of hard seltzer. I'm 1-1/2 days into the fermentation and the specific gravity has changed from an OG of 1.042 to 1.029. I mistakenly added the part 1 of the Super-Kleer finigs, the Kieselsol pack, today. Any suggestions on the detriment of adding the additive at this stage and how potential damage to the must might be mitigated? Thanks!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from Colorado :mug:

I do not generally clarify my beers, never made seltzer, but my only thought is that it is possible it could knock the yeast out of suspension and affect fermentation. If the fermentation completes, I would not be worried at all. If it doesn’t, you need someone more expert than me!

I do not generally clarify my beers, never made seltzer, but my only thought is that it is possible it could knock the yeast out of suspension and affect fermentation. If the fermentation completes, I would not be worried at all. If it doesn’t, you need someone more expert than me!

Thanks Cyclman. I had similar thoughts. Anxious to see how it falls out. BTW...nice signature quotes!

Latest posts

Back