Hello from Wales!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanies

Reaction score
Hi i'm Sean from South Wales, Don't mind me, just looking for answers whilest I'm going through UK lockdown. I don't use forums very much. I've found them a great resource in the past, especially when I was flying.
For today though, I'm trawling the internet to find out "what" the plastic lump is on top of my new Strongbow original 50L keg. It's 20mm ish from the side on top of the keg. I've removed the spear and started cleaning it out for future use as a still... 🤔 Doesn't plastic melt?

The hunt begins....

especially when I was flying.

is that innuendo or serious? lol

i don't what to say about plastic distillers....plastic does melt, but higher then boiling point of water, not to mention boiling point of ethanol....my still is all welded stainless though....

And, Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome, I was seriouse, I used to fly a Rans S6. Due to having a young family and cash flow I have stopped flying for now. 😊 I think I'll run it with vinegar and see how she goes.

Back