Hello from the Philippines.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,
Welcome to our friends in the Philippines. Wow homebrewing in the Philippines. What types of beers are popular to homebrew? Ales or lagers? I'm probably wrong, but based on the weather temp, I'd imagine ales.
Thank you for the welcome. Homebrewing is very difficult over here as getting equipment and hops and malt. So I stick to making wine.

Hello all, I already started posting and forgot to introduced myself (age thing)
New to all of this so it's going to be a learning experience for me.
Thank you.
Jim.
Hi Jim
Where are you from originally. Ive just finished my first 5 gallons and its turned out great. An English Pale Ale from a malt extract and grain combination.
I will be starting my first whole grain recipe soon. All ingredients from Tagaytay

Jim,
Welcome to our friends in the Philippines. Wow homebrewing in the Philippines. What types of beers are popular to homebrew? Ales or lagers? I'm probably wrong, but based on the weather temp, I'd imagine ales.
I guess the answer to your question is that it depends where you come from originally, and what you miss. I think Filipinos are used to pilsner type beers, some quite strong. My background is the real ale of the UK, so Im starting with pale ales of around 4.5% to 5% ABV. I will progress to the IPAs of around 5% to 6%

Back