Hello from Saudi Arabia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProhibitionBrewer

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time brewer here from Saudi Arabia. I'm a Western expat here for another ~2 years, and I figure that I'd like a hobby to fill up some time on the weekends (plus this is the only way I'm going to get proper beer in Saudi Arabia). It's definitely going to be an uphill struggle, but I'm hoping that things turn out good. I've had luck sourcing just about everything that I need (you don't want to know what Starsan or the Exchilerator cost), although there are still some struggles with hops and grain. I should be up and running in about a month and am hoping to make something that can be enjoyed by the Western community out here. =)

Cheers,
Mike

Get your western friends to mule it into the country in their luggage if they want some. That’s what gets beer from me as a fellow ME brewer. I’m a stingy jerk with my home brew since I can make so little.

When I was there, some entrepreneurial Brits brewed excellent beer. So, there is a way. Possibly get with those who’ve gone before you to learn the tricks of the trade.

Cheers, guys.

When I was there, some entrepreneurial Brits brewed excellent beer. So, there is a way. Possibly get with those who’ve gone before you to learn the tricks of the trade.
Brits, huh? I know a British compound and they're damn good at wine. The Irish are pretty fantastic out here as well. I've put some feelers out, and there used to be "some guy"who made some nice wheat beers; I actually got one of his last batches (he's left the country now). Nobody will talk about him, and nobody will even agree to forward inquiries to him - it's weird.

I've met a couple other folks who are helping me find supplies, though, thank god. They don't brew frequently due to the difficulties of doing it over here.

Get your western friends to mule it into the country in their luggage if they want some. That’s what gets beer from me as a fellow ME brewer. I’m a stingy jerk with my home brew since I can make so little.
I might private message you. Please don't tell me they're coming in with malt extract / bags of grains. :eek: That'd be ballsy (although.. probably could get away with it - customs agent may be confused). I'm trying to get set up so almost all consumables will be local.

Back