Hello from Northern Ireland.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wigster

Reaction score
How’s it going folks? I just joined the site after using it a few times to check some info for my brews. I’ve been brewing for a couple of years now using mostly malt extract and keeping it as simple as possible. I’m now moving onto the more hands on approach and sorting my own ingredients.
I’ve made some nice brews but I’m more a fan of the IPA type beers so figure it’s time to give them a go.
No doubt I’ll need some help from you lovely folks along the way so thanks in advance.
Take care and no doubt I’ll speak with some you in due course.

Welcome from California! My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Ireland last summer and loved it. There are a few breweries popping up around Ireland with a nice IPA selection.

Welcome, Wigster. You have somehow prompted me to pour myself some lovely whiskey from Belfast and lift a glass in your general direction.

Welcome. What are your favorite brews to drink?

Being Irish i do love a good stout but I’m also very partial to a nice strong IPA. I don’t think there’s a beer that i could’nt drink although if i had to choose it would be wheat beers that would be bottom of the list.

Welcome from California! My wife and I spent 2 weeks in Ireland last summer and loved it. There are a few breweries popping up around Ireland with a nice IPA selection.

Glad to hear tha, where did you visit?

Welcome, Wigster. You have somehow prompted me to pour myself some lovely whiskey from Belfast and lift a glass in your general direction.
Thank you sir, cheers to you, enjoy your whisky, bushmills??

Visited Belfast and the Giant's Causeway a few years ago. Loved Erin and want to go back again someday. Welcome to HBT. Slainte

I live just outside Belfast. I love our wee country and the affection it holds in so many peoples hearts from all around the world and of course we have some great beer.

Thank you sir, cheers to you, enjoy your whisky, bushmills??

As a matter of fact, I do enjoy the Bushmills product. The original and Black Bush are my standard choices. Of the high end malts I like the 16 best but it's not really in the budget but I do treat myself to a bottle of the 10 on occasion.

Glad to hear tha, where did you visit?

Flew into Dubin, rented a car and went clockwise around the country Wexford, Kilkenny, Cork, Dingle, Ashford Castle, Galway, Belmullet, LondonDerry, Belfast, and a couple other towns (going off memory here!), absolutely loved it. A few breweries that stood out were the Salt House in Galway, YellowBelly Wexford, Boundary in Belfast (probably the most "Califormia" style brewery on the trip), and Franciscan Well in Cork (my wife loved the sours there!). Also made sure to play a few rounds of golf and see alot of the famous landmarks along the way. Incredible trip, I hope to see Ireland again someday.

Sounds like you fitted a lot in. The salt house in Galway is brilliant, my wife and i drove down there just after Xmas this year and sampled more than we should’ve in there. Boundary in Belfast in also awesome and it’s like 15 minutes a from where i live which is handy. I’ve been to the US a few times, i love the craft beer scene there especially in the south. Here’s to travel and drinking beer on them.

Sounds like you fitted a lot in. The salt house in Galway is brilliant, my wife and i drove down there just after Xmas this year and sampled more than we should’ve in there. Boundary in Belfast in also awesome and it’s like 15 minutes a from where i live which is handy. I’ve been to the US a few times, i love the craft beer scene there especially in the south. Here’s to travel and drinking beer on them.

Cheers!

Back