Hello from NoClue Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
Sup guys...

For those that posted on our 13.53 ABV Wheat, thanks for the responses. It was clear within the first 5 pages of the thread that something was not correct in the readings between OG and FG. I don't think that sarcasm, jokes, etc get across through text as well as they would with conversations in person. So those of you that took offense to any of the posts that some of my brewers made, leave it all in good fun.

Anyhow,

Myself along with three other brewers have been brewing about a month now, and have definitely figured a lot out in the short time we have been brewing. Fortunately, we have all been drinking for 10+ years, and know what good beer tastes like and what we want out of this whole hobby.

So with that being said, this is just an intro thread as we are new comers to this board. Hello from Acton, MA

I agree, welcome to HBT. I have learned a lot from all of the good peeps on this board. There are some truly excellent and talented brewers here.

Glad to see that you didn't get scared off, this is truly a great community!

So.... :mug:

Yesssssssss hello from Acton MA

We love the NY Giants...oh wait a min...I mean we love beer!!!

Again, I love to hear from all of you and all your thoughts and any help you can give will be great, thank you :)

Hey man you from Adams MA??? Maybe we can chill sometime...

Anyways we will get ours back during baseball season!!!
Sox will be evern better this years then last years!!!

I'm glad to hear that MOST of you aren't getting to upset about that last thread. The PM's im getting are quite funny.

I have been using this forum for about a month, but hadn't found a reason to subscribe until last nights "fiasco". Thanks all!:mug: :mug: :mug:

That thread was a bit of a divergence from the usual attitude here. I'm glad it didn't sour you on HBT, this really is the best brewing resource you'll find. :)

The PM's continue... Thanks all for your welcome... Not too sure why people are getting so bent outta shape...

Welcome to HBT.
You all have a great attitude about your first thread. I've seen a couple of newbies get upset and leave after similar threads. The problem is it is hard to convey sarcasm in quick print. Smilies do help though so I try to use plenty if I think my message may be mistaken. Still I'm sure I have come off the wrong way plenty of times on the forums.

Next you have to make a real 13% ABV beer :D

Craig

we actually printed and bound a copy at my work. I have also read Charles Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" Cover to cover.

We don't lack knowledge as far as this stuff goes, more so experience. Granted, experience and knowledge go hand in hand. Anyhow, thanks for the recommendation.

Also, I found Papazian's book better than Palmers, though the Appendices of Palmers book were great.

Hellow from Kelowna BC Canada (if you read the map thread you'd know that as the "uninhabited" area.

If you guys get into trappist belgian type ales give "Brew Like a Monk" by Stan Hieronymus a read. Published by Brewers Association.

I also suggest "Principles of Brewing Science" by the late George Fix, Ph.D
for a more technical read.

BTW did you check to see if your hydrometer reads 1.000 at 60F? Still curious about that. :)

Ya the cal is in check... not too sure about those readings... something is obviously up. I have played around with beercalculus.com and I know for a fact that we couldnt have hit 13.5.

All we really care about is that we could stand drinking it without carbonating it...

As for the reading, thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at Brew like a Monk a few times, but I was still finishing up Palmers book. I'll have to check out the other one on the technical side.

Thanks again all!!!:mug:

Welcome! One thing I've realized about HBT that is great, it's like when I was living in Australia - if they like you, they'll give you a hard time and make fun of you. If they don't, they'll ignore you.

well, judging by the PM's i've received from one member here, he must be austrailian. If so, i may have a male stalker on my hands...

thanks for the welcome again...

Awesome - glad to see you guys are going to stay with us.

I lurked in your 13% thread, and for a while I hadn't realised there were three of you. It was good times.

Glad to see you're up on your reading. What are your plans as a brewery?

Realistic plans are hard to keep in our minds.

I'll let my buddies speak for themselves.

As far as my goals go, I'm still learning a ton.

I have done all the reading I can on extract brewing. I really want to get into all-grain brewing, however I'm not rushing it. the amount of setup and equipment is going to take some time to get together. I work for an engineering company and I have enlisted one of our hydraulics engineers to help with the MLT setups.

I would like to see us get our own brew space (operating in my buddies house) and get some better equipment (SS Fermenters, etc) Don't get me wrong, the glass carboys are great, however at some point if this actually works for us, we will go bigger.

Right now we are kids in a candy store. We have all been beer snobs for quite a while, which is why we decided to get into this.

As far as the bitchslapping goes, I find no need to bias anyone against anyone else on these forums. I'll let the @$$hats speak for themselves.

Its quite funny tho, that this @$$hat has been actively viewing our active posts all day, yet will only smack talk over a PM. No need for me to post PM's here. Its usually against ToS on most forums anyhow...

Thanks for the love all. We would never let a few bad hops ruin the barrel... This forum is great, and some of the best REAL knowledge I've yet to find.

Hello there yooper...

did you take offense to my A/S/L post? I hope you know that was a joke

:mug: :mug:

thanks for your polite responses on my buddie's thread. We all appreciated it.

Well, no, I didn't take offense. I'm pretty thick skinned. I did change my avatar, and name however, so that you would no longer be confused by my gender.
I checked first, and yep, it's a girl!!!!!

Finally home from a night of hell in the ER and having a few Sierra Nevada Wheats.
If you like a Wheat I would try this one it is very nice :)

Back