Hello from Longmont

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyboy

Reaction score
This is my 2nd post, uh oh, it should be my first yes?

I've been lurking here for a bit. I have been homebrewing since college, about 15 years or so. I got bored with malt extract brewing, so just last fall I set myself up with an all grain system - Cajun burner, 9 gallon kettle with spigot, built an Igloo cooler mash tun with PVC manifold, started using a copper immersion chiller I received years ago. I am having a lot of fun with all grain! And my wife likes the fact I am brewing outside.

My first two all grain batches were lagers, a Mai Bock and a Pilsner. I was so excited for them. I tried "lagering" them in my basement but in reality they just aged, and oxidized I think (notable off flavors in the Pilsner). I learned.

That, plus over the winter a friend gave me 2 kegs and all the fittings, and now I am hunting craigslist for a kegerator. I'm having fun reading all about the various options, looking at builds on here, learning about kegging. I'm worried about drinking more, but I am tired of bottles failing me, stored in the warmth, adding yeasty off-flavors.

I just brewed a Saison, a friend's recipe, and I'll do the Papazian Saison recipe in a couple weeks. I love this style, IPAs are soooo yesterday (kidding). Will this be my first kegged beer? Possibly.

Thanks for all the insight, I look forward to contributing here as well.

Back