Hello from Long Beach, MS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoonose

Reaction score
I usually forgo the "new member intro" post on forums, more of a lurker, generally; thought I'd try something different here :)
ANYWAY, I was into home brewing in the early/mid-90s- beer(planning to recreate my favorite recipe), mead(guess you'd call it show mead? Except for the batch I ruined with dandelions... pesky allergies!), rhubarb/honey/apple wine(with a mighty kick!)
Shifting priorities left brewing a happy memory for a long time :-(
I got into lacto-fermentation a while back- kimchi, ginger ale(kinda), and tibicos.
After I got into bread making, I tried culturing my own yeast, which led to making kvass and some pretty decent wine(in a quart jar, using bread yeast. Seriously, it was good enough that my wife-to-be suggested we have it as our wedding day toast!)
Since I've moved to Mississippi, I've wanted to get back into brewing; that got momentarily derailed when i started working at a brewery(in packaging)- more free(and quite good) beer than my wife and I can drink!
I decided to focus more on mead and wine, and have equipment on the way. All I have from the old days is a bench capper.
Wow, that was pretty wordy! Anyway, glad to be here, already finding useful info :)

Latest posts

Back