Hello from eastern North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tealsmoke

Reaction score
I just retired last year and have got a lot projects around the house done and now that it's cold outside I decided I wanted to learn a new hobby and couldn't think of a better one than trying to learn how to brew my own beer. So here I am!!

Thanks for the welcome newbrewer001. Although I've been to Ocracoke a few times I reside just south of Wilmington.

Welcome from Charlotte! This is a great community and objectively the best hobby there is. What's your first brew?

Thanks for the welcome newbrewer001. Although I've been to Ocracoke a few times I reside just south of Wilmington.
Welcome from Colorado. My brother in law lives in Wilmington and owns a sandwich shop there. I really enjoy visiting there. We would have normally gone out there this summer, but Covid kept us home.

Thanks for the welcome! Seems Covid has kept a lot of us home. What's the name of his sandwich shop. l will have to go support him some.

Thanks Coastalbrew. Love the east side of NC. Born and raised here but really love the mountains in Boone every once in a while.

Welcome from Charlotte! This is a great community and objectively the best hobby there is. What's your first brew?
Well looks like my first brew will be a brewers best American light extract kit that my son sent me for Xmas.

When you're ready for more ingredients Wilmington home brew supply is a good local spot to get stuff. Their selection isn't always the best though. They seem to be focusing more on the brewery now rather than the home brew shop. Atlanticbrewsupply.com is another great option. They are just up in Raleigh, so shipping is super fast, the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, and their selection of all things brewing related can't be beat.

Cheers!

Yeah I talked to Wilmington brew supply on the phone the other day to get a feel on their pricing as they don't list anything on their website.
I'll check out Atlantic brew supply.
Thanks for the tip!!

Back