Hello from Austin, Texas!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

512Hokie

Reaction score
Happy New Year from sunny 75 degree Austin, TX! I've been a lurker on your forums for awhile, reading and learning as much as I can about homebrewing, and I finally decided to take the plunge and join up today.

My brewing experience thus far has been limited to helping a work buddy with his brew day a few times, but I won both of my fantasy football leagues this year so I'm taking my winnings and jumping into the madness for myself.

I am planning to skip extract brewing and jump right into BIAB, with a 10 gallon kettle and 6.5 gallon carboy for 5 gallon brews with a kegging setup. I still have a few odds and ends to pick up before I'll be ready to brew, but I'm getting closer. Being in Texas on a concrete slab, I'm planning to build a fermentation chamber before I brew my first beer, which will be a SMaSH IPA. I should be able to start building that tomorrow. I look forward to continuing to learn from you all and contributing to the forums here.

Cheers! :mug:

Back