Have a couple and make mistakes....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hootowl

Reaction score
I was a bit light headed and decided to brew.

Made some mistakes... hoping this isn't a waste of beer.

Brewing DME kit Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA clone.

I added the 2 packs of dry hops at the end of the boil. Obviously should be days later in the fermenter. Should I get more hops and do the dry anyway? Be double hopped

I used the wrong wrong yeast. Used the wheat yeast that was for my heffiweizen.

Now what?

Also since I only have ale yeast left. I guess I should pick up some wheat yeast for the heffy?

Get some more hops to add when fermentation is over. Those you added at the end of the boil lost some of their aroma and will have added some bitterness as the wort cooled.

I agree as above, you should still dry hop for that kind of beer.

Using that yeast wouldn't be bad even though it might not be spot on. Matter of choice.

Dry hop for sure to subdue the flavors /aroma of the hefe yeast. Amarillo might actually compliment the yeast with its “orangey” sweetness...

You could harvest this yeast and use that for your hefe. Some would argue not to repitch yeast with a bunch of dry hop material in it but I’ve never had any problem doing so. Just assume your pitch is on low end of range given by the mr malty calculator and you will do fine.

Latest posts

Back