Happy to be brewing again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitemtnbrewer

Reaction score
Hello from NH HBT!

I started brewing in the late 80s with a first edition of Papazian and some buckets in my bathtub. I fell in love with the science of it, and after honing my skills for about ten years I went to the Siebel Institute to learn from the pros and opened a restaurant with plans to convert it to a brewpub.

Long story short, that didn't work out and the failure crushed my spirit to the point that I lost all interest in brewing for almost 20 years.

But about three months ago I came across the old Cornies in the back of the shed and something clicked. I did a little research, bought a Grainfather, converted my exercise room to a brewery, and three of those old Cornies are now full of beer again in a shiny new kegerator where my home gym used to sit. It's a much better use of the space.

I'm loving the easy access to quality ingredients, equipment, and information that I didn't have 25 years ago, and I'm excited to once again be a part of the homebrewing community. Cheers!

Welcome back whitemtnbrewer! Glad to see you got the brewing fever again. I've been brewing since 97' still love it.

Who needs a home gym when you can have a home brewery

Sweet! A couple years ago home brewing bit bad and I starting thinking about opening a micro brewery. I happened to take the tour at Allagash and ended up talking to a brewer. I guess he was a little impressed with where I was at and how receptive I was to his story of how he home brewed and asked if I had any ambitions. I said yeah, a little, and he said “Hey man, if you like being wet all the time and spending 28 hours a day 9 days a week cleaning stuff for next to no money, go for it!” So it’s a fun hobby for me and always will be. Cheers!

Hello from NH HBT!

I started brewing in the late 80s with a first edition of Papazian and some buckets in my bathtub. I fell in love with the science of it, and after honing my skills for about ten years I went to the Siebel Institute to learn from the pros and opened a restaurant with plans to convert it to a brewpub.

Long story short, that didn't work out and the failure crushed my spirit to the point that I lost all interest in brewing for almost 20 years.

But about three months ago I came across the old Cornies in the back of the shed and something clicked. I did a little research, bought a Grainfather, converted my exercise room to a brewery, and three of those old Cornies are now full of beer again in a shiny new kegerator where my home gym used to sit. It's a much better use of the space.

I'm loving the easy access to quality ingredients, equipment, and information that I didn't have 25 years ago, and I'm excited to once again be a part of the homebrewing community. Cheers!

Hi! I'm also new to this business, but really new not like you :)
You converted your exercise room to a brewery it's funny. BUT the most important thing is to do what you love

Back