'Hangover' pill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMullan

wort maker
Reaction score
I'll stick to my formula.

1. Breakfast sandwich (the greasier the better - Bacon, Sausage, or Taylor Ham/Pork Roll - or all 3) Egg, and cheese. Salt, Pepper, Ketchup, Hot Sauce
2. Coca-Cola (OG regular 20oz.)
3. 2 Advil (ibuprofen)

When you wake up at 5.00am with the hangover just kicking in, a couple of asprin washed down with a pint of water, then back to bed for a few more hours. Job done!

2 mile jog or a 5 mile bike ride followed by a decent breakfast and lots of fluids has worked for me on the few occasions that I needed a hangover cure.

It's called Myrkl and it's taken hours before you start consuming alcohol. Apparently, it's a probiotic, 2 types of bacteria that break down alcohol. It works by reducing the level of ethanol entering the bloodstream, by up to 70% 🤔 Not really of much interest to me. In fact, I really don't see the point.

That's been around since Revenge of the Nerds.

It just seems a little bit weird for a home brewer to sacrifice up to 70% of the ethanol he or she's gone to great lengths to produce. It's a bit like filling up a tank on a car then sprinkling in some fuel-munching bugs. What's the point? Less mileage therefore less wear n tear, perhaps, but you're not going to get to where you want to be*. Even if you do manage to get there it's going to be more expensive 🤔

*🤪

Last edited:
It just seems a little bit weird for a home brewer to sacrifice up to 70% of the ethanol he or she's gone to great lengths to produce. It's a bit like filling up a tank on a car then sprinkling in some fuel-muching bugs. What's the point? Less mileage therefore less wear n tear, perhaps, but you're not going to get to where you want to be. Even if you do manage to get there it's going to be more expensive 🤔

Now if they create a pill that knocks out 70% of the calories, let me know :bigmug:

So this isn't really a hangover pill, but a less drunk pill?

Interesting, though I'm not sure I'd use it

I reckon they've sold out because so many people plan to use them on a mate for a laugh.

Edit: 🧐 "I can't believe we've had 8 pints. Only feels like I've had one or two. Weird. Are you sure it's my round?" 🤪 "Yeah?"

Last edited:
A luxury for people with more money than sense. Primary customers would be like McMullan said, for a gag and then those people who waste $9 on a can of crap 'craft' beer so they can feel like their getting their money's worth and look cool.
:no:

You could jog over to RevA's and borrow his bike.

This just showed up 2 weeks ago, so I'm trying to work off the calories. But it'd be nicer if they just were stripped out in the first place.

1657309826899.png

Back