Wagon Wheel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who grew up not far from the Cumberland Gap, and not so directional challenged as Dylan, I can tell you it is impossible for a trucker to head west from the CG and hit Johnson City, TN. LOL.

Man, those nice long tokes really mess with a dude's sense of direction... I mean, so I hear :fro:

Seriously though, ever since the words "the dolphins make me cry" became "ok" for a man to sing on the radio, I haven't had much hope for mainstream radio. I'll stick to my iPod full of bands people have never (and are probably glad they've never) heard of. And as someone who enjoys surrounding himself with the folk and punk (real punk) scenes........
....the next ********* with an acoustic guitar that plays Wagon Wheel is getting punched in the throat. It's turned into the next "Wonder Wall" for pretentious college kids trying to get some.

Man, those nice long tokes really mess with a dude's sense of direction... I mean, so I hear :fro:

Seriously though, ever since the words "the dolphins make me cry" became "ok" for a man to sing on the radio, I haven't had much hope for mainstream radio. I'll stick to my iPod full of bands people have never (and are probably glad they've never) heard of. And as someone who enjoys surrounding himself with the folk and punk (real punk) scenes........
....the next ********* with an acoustic guitar that plays Wagon Wheel is getting punched in the throat. It's turned into the next "Wonder Wall" for pretentious college kids trying to get some.

LITERAL lol.

Nice man.;)

And Stairway, and GnRs Patience... There is no end to the *****iness potential of a guy with a guitar. Not to say that they can't be cool, but... The temptation is there.

For example, this past fall we were having a campfire in my back yard and some random guy I do not know (must be a friend of one of my roomates) walks outside with a guitar. Starts strumming god knows what poorly. I turn to the person to my right and ask "So, Him or the guitar? Which ends up in the fire first?" Much agreement ensued.

And Stairway, and GnRs Patience... There is no end to the *****iness potential of a guy with a guitar. Not to say that they can't be cool, but... The temptation is there.

For example, this past fall we were having a campfire in my back yard and some random guy I do not know (must be a friend of one of my roomates) walks outside with a guitar. Starts strumming god knows what poorly. I turn to the person to my right and ask "So, Him or the guitar? Which ends up in the fire first?" Much agreement ensued.

Typically I welcome any guitar player around a fire pit... I guess I've been spoiled however in most of the people with the guts to pull guitars out after 9 beers I know can typically play any song someone calls out though at the drop of a hat.

Typically I welcome any guitar player around a fire pit... I guess I've been spoiled however in most of the people with the guts to pull guitars out after 9 beers I know can typically play any song someone calls out though at the drop of a hat.

He had just arrived with it. We werent really the group to listen patiently. on a side note. I for some reason now seem to own said guitar. Its a shame I can't play.

He had just arrived with it. We werent really the group to listen patiently. on a side note. I for some reason now seem to own said guitar. Its a shame I can't play.

So I'm guessing He, not the guitar, ended up in the fire. Don't worry, I wont tell

Saw the Darius Rucker wagon wheel music video this past weekend.
Facepalm.

You know????Even the video sucks.

He is supposed to look like he is wandering down the tracks, (WHERE THE EFF IS A TRAIN????) but it just looks like he is wandering back and forth over the same tracks. Who in their right mind thought that sounded interesting????

To be "Country" Doesn't it need a pick up truck and some girls in tight denim???

:drunk:

So I'm guessing He, not the guitar, ended up in the fire. Don't worry, I wont tell

Honestly I do not know. I know he stepped in a doggy land mine at some point during the night. I was too busy talking with some ladies to care after that. Well that and fighting with a tempremental keg.

Isn't this cover just Hootie's round-about way of getting back at Dylan for suing him over "I Only Wanna Be With You" all those years ago? (Unauthorized use of the phrase "tangled up in blue").

I heard the Hootie version over the back fence from my neighbor's yard this weekend. For a moment I was fooled and happy to hear the tune, and then the vocals kicked in and I realized it was a karaoke cover. Not impressed.

Darius Rucker is a serious musician.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XUyzLvuhbps" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
Nevermind.

Darius Rucker is a serious musician.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XUyzLvuhbps" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
Nevermind.

::shakes head slowly, walks away quietly::

The worst part is knowing I haven't heard it yet...but that I will. I'm sure to. At some point in my life, I am going to accidentally hear this song...and it is going to completely ruin my whole day

Which makes me wonder...since I'm already having a really crappy day, should I just rip this bandaid off and listen to it? You know... get it over with

Don't do it. The song even teases you. The tune is close enough that you start to get into it until he starts singing. Then you will just be pissed off. Just brew instead. Much better use of your time and far far more theraputic.

Don't do it. The song even teases you. The tune is close enough that you start to get into it until he starts singing. Then you will just be pissed off. Just brew instead. Much better use of your time and far far more theraputic.

Womp womp. Moving in a month...my vessels are bare :(

SO TRUE!!!

A doodybag (maybe not, but I will assume that he was) rolling by with his country music WAAAAAAAAY to effing loud, and I am all like "What a loser.......wait, what???"

That tune......so eerilly familiar.....WHAT THE EFFFFFFFF?????????

Horror. Absolute horror that this moron is blaring the song loud enough not only to pollute his brain, but everyone within 50 feet or so that he passes.

Womp womp. Moving in a month...my vessels are bare :(

Ah. And hence the already crappy day. I see. I still advise against it. But, if you are going to subject yourself to this madness, at least force all of your buddies and people they you like/are indifferent with/hate to have to experience it with you. Kinda spread the pain so they can share it with you.

While I'll agree the Darius Rucker version is not the best, I don't think its the worst.

Jeremy McComb for your review

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if you'd rather.

Nathan Carter

Last edited by a moderator:
Back