What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO and I just finished a pitcher of Newcastle's Founders Ale at our favorite pizza joint. Very good.

Trying to make my calculus homework a little less unbearable.

And just to chime in on the Blue Bell discussion... Blue Bell rules, but living in CT I can't get it and my next best option is B&J. I'm getting out of the Navy in 2015 and moving back to Texas so I'll be able to get Blue Bell on the reg. :D

20130506_185600.jpg

Swarley88 said:
Wesley's Dipa. Wow this smells great, I get fruits and raisins and a hint of alcohol. Taste is awesome, nice hop punch to my tongue. Fruity, bitter, and no sign of 10.2%. Very good stuff Wes. And you said there was a possibility I would have to dump it. Far from it man, good stuff indeed.

I'm glad you like it. How was the carbonation?
That's one thing I worry about when bottling from the keg.
And yes, it's hard to find that 10.2% ABV which is dangerous when having it on tap just one room away.

20130506_130451_HDR_Hagrid-1.jpg

Beautiful Belgian pale ale. Would have liked it to be less hazy, but this is the best tasting session beer I've ever made.

House is all packed up, just my brew gear and some furniture left here, going to keep it that way, I go to school in this town so I will be stopping in to brew and study still. Here's to a new chapter though! :cheers:

Recipe needed!

A one week bottled and carbed All-almost German Ipa. Midwest subbed my German Tett hops for U.S. Tett. Also has Hersh,NB to bitter,and Magnum dryhopp.German pale malt,munich,vienna, and a bit of these:wheat,carahell,carared. Kolsh yeast/starter. The hops gave a mild herbal spice,some floral/fruit(more in aroma),but more of a strong rhindy-pith grapefruit taste/bitterness.Has a short thick eggwhipped head with good lace. Very happy with it,hope it pans out to stay really good. Pretty unique kind of Ipa Ive never had.

Totally "eep!"ed like a kid on Christmas when I saw this back on the shelf. I only went for boh!

image-909399275.jpg

As a displaced Texan from Killeen.. When I see the words blue bell ice cream....I swear I want to shed a tear..I got to get back down there!

Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell.. Ferment is crying haha...

Just harvest my rice wine and from the first SIP I'm addicted. Good stuff and I don't know the abv so it'll get me in troubled lol

ForumRunner_20130506_201519.png

DisturbdChemist said:
Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell Blue bell.. Ferment is crying haha...

Just harvest my rice wine and from the first SIP I'm addicted. Good stuff and I don't know the abv so it'll get me in troubled lol

I'm glad it turned out well. And, yes, it's strong enough to get you in trouble. ;)

NIZZLE said:
Ok where in heck do you get yeast balls to make this? I must try cant find anywhere

Check some Asian markets. But if you'd like, I can send you some with your beer to get you started.

Yeah careful bro I got brave on my first batch lol

I'll probably get brave once to see if it has alcohol in it lol.

Ok where in heck do you get yeast balls to make this? I must try cant find anywhere

I actually got mine through wes because our drives by one often. I got enough for one more batch.

Back