Finishing touches on a Mash Tun/HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadoHawk

Reaction score
So I am just getting the finishing touches for them (apart from the two 10-gallon rubbermaid coolers and the sparge assembly which I still want to research).

I was wondering what the best stainless steel ball valve equipment I should get to make a modified ball valve and where I can find the best prices for these.

I have 3/8" thermoplastic tubing...will this only work with a 3/8" ball valve?

So I went with 1/2" ball valve a while back with corresponding threaded nipple and was wondering if washers of this dimension would work with it for the internal fit...Stainless steel flat washer 7/8" ID x 1-1/2" OD....I have not had much luck in finding these sort of washers at local stores.

If that will not do, what will the dimensions I need for the fit to keep my silicon washers secure?

So yeah...I haven't done a thing with the all-grain equipment in over a year (time off brewing plus having lots of extract kit sales).

For the 1/2" NPT ball valves for my MLT and HLT, would this be a good choice?

http://www.homebrewstuff.com/stainless-steel-washer.html

If so, how many do I need for the MLT and HLT? This would only be for the internal fittings and not the external washers.

Back