• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Small full sized fridge in Reed City, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a full sized fridge (just a bit smaller than normal) that I have used as a ferm chamber. I ended up with too many ferm chambers and need to clear this out of the garage. It's white with the freezer compartment on top.

It probably has room for 4 cornys if you want to use it as a kegerator, or a couple of buckets for using as a ferm chamber. It has all of the shelves and drawers, IIRC, and I believe it even has the ice maker sitting in the freezer section.

I will post measurements and pictures later or as requested. I'm posting this now because I will forget to post it if I don't do it!

Make an offer.

Also, I have a Johnson Digital temp control which I can sell with it for $40. It's a single stage unit and I dislike having to open it up to change that setting and the cut-in/cut-out setting. I'd just rather part with it and replace it with an STC-1000 rather than installing micro switches in the side. It's all wired up and ready to go.

any pics?

do you think it could hold 2 6.5 gallon carboys? maybe with shelves?

I forgot to take pics last night. I know it will hold 2 primary buckets. Actually it will hold 3 if you stack one on top of the other two...

I'll try and remember to get pics and measurements tonight. It's in nice shape. Not brand new, but not real old either. It would make a nice fridge for someone who just needed a new fridge, but I hated to waste it on simply keeping food fresh.

Pics & interior measurements would be ideal.

I have a smaller fridge I've been using but have since gone to 10 gallon batches. The smaller fridge only fits one carboy.

I'm in the Clare/Harrison area every couple of weeks

Ok, I set a reminder in my phone to get pics tonight. Should not be any problem since I don't have any errands to run and it's nice out, so I need to get out to the garage and work on my brew stand and measure the driveway for concrete so I can host a brewday this summer!

We can set up a time and place to meet after you decide if you want it. I won't mind driving a little ways if it gets it out of my garage. My packrat-ish nature needs to be kept in check every once in a while.

I ran home for lunch and snapped a few pics.

fridge1.jpg

fridge2.jpg

fridge3.jpg

It's a GE model # TBX18HACGRWW

Exterior size is approx. 29 Deep x 28 Wide x 67.25 Tall
Interior is approx. 23 Deep x 25 Wide x 40 Tall. This is the fridge section. I did not measure the freezer.
I placed two 5 gallon jugs inside so you can see how they fit. I had placed a cement block inside to get the bucket I ferment in up above the small hump. As you can see the jugs don't sit flat because of the shape of the floor inside. But a board across there would be perfect. And as I said before, I've had 3 buckets in there at the same time with the third one resting on top of the bottom 2.

Ok, seriously, I just want it out of the garage. I'd take $25 or best offer and will deliver locally for free. Otherwise I don't think it's asking too much to ask for some gas money to haul it anywhere outside the Reed City area.

Ok, seriously, I just want it out of the garage. I'd take $25 or best offer and will deliver locally for free. Otherwise I don't think it's asking too much to ask for some gas money to haul it anywhere outside the Reed City area.

Will you deliver it to me? You could always bring it out to the cottage and stay for a weekend. :D

Seriously, that's a great deal for someone. I wish I was closer, but Bob would kill me if I got another fridge. We have three full size freezers, two full sized fridges, and a dorm fridge at the house. And, a full size fridge and a kegerator at the cottage. That kegerator is really small, though, and you know that of course "bigger is better". :D

You know I would! I'd even fill it with beer!

I'm torn because I really want to use this for a kegerator or ferm chamber, but I just have too much and with a brewing rig being born this summer, I just have to make room. I also have to give away a 1965 era Coke machine and move or get rid of a few other small things.

And since we got a new fridge last year we decided we don't really need that small chest freezer in the utility room, so at this point I'm fighting the urge to build another kegerator. Frankly, I have too many summer projects lined up for that right now.

I'll just be happy if a homebrewer can use this fridge for making good beer.

sure looks like you can fit 2 carboys in there, even the 6.5 gallon ones. let me double check the dims you posted. you didn't try to close the door with the 5 gallon carboys in it did you?

depending on my schedule it would be great if we could meet in say Clare or Surrey? price on fridge is negotiable based on gas for meeting, how does that sound? I'll have to nail down my schedule better but I would be up there ~May 3rd to May 5th and my guess is meeting while I'm on the way home would be best. Again let me double check dims so I know that it will work.

I did close the door and it didn't seem to touch the jugs. Just PM me with more info. I'm sure we can work out something on the meet up, but sooner is better, as things tend to get scheduled for me without notice. I'm married...

Latest posts

Back