Kegerator cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pensphreak

Reaction score
Now that I have my 3 tap kegerator in the house, I figured I needed to make it look a little nicer and more like some nice furniture. My wife found some inspiration from this page.

Since my brother makes cabinets for a living, I figured he could take a shot at it. So here's what we have so far. The middle section will obviously house the kegerator, and the front middle cabinet doors all open as one piece to reveal the kegerator door

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Now to stain and finish it.

That would be the nicest piece of funiture in my house, but I cant tell what wood types are there. Care to share the "grain" bill?:D:D

I'm considering building something similar, but not as pretty. I want to insulate mine, and put the guts of a mini fridge in there (compressor and coils outside) with the fridge door on the front. Looking good so far, looking forward to see the finished product.

Cabinet's all finished!

Here's the cabinets being painted black

IMG_17331.jpg

Stained top

IMG_17321.jpg

I insulated the beverage lines by putting them into some copper pipes that were wrapped in insulation and stuffed into the hole on top of the kegerator

IMG_17341.jpg

And here's the finished kegerator along with some shelves
IMG_17372.JPG

Here's an inside shot

IMG_17382.JPG

I really like this cabinet and would like to model mine after this. I have a dumb question. How do you insulate the void space between the top of the fridge and the opening in the cabinet top?

Sweet Build! Do you have the dimensions for this and/or the cut list if your brother cares to share? :mug:

That is great and just inspired me! My wife and I have been wanting a little minibar/credenza for wine and spirits in the living room. And I was just about to put a kegerator in the garage. I'm totally going to make it all in one! Didnt even think about that.

Thanks!

I really like this cabinet and would like to model mine after this. I have a dumb question. How do you insulate the void space between the top of the fridge and the opening in the cabinet top?

The space between the top of the fridge and the bottom of the cabinet top is only about 1". The beer lines are inside copper pipes which are then wrapped in insulation all the way to the top of the faucet tower. It took some fiddling with the length of the copper pipes and beer line length, but now it all stays pretty cold all the way to the faucets

Sweet Build! Do you have the dimensions for this and/or the cut list if your brother cares to share? :mug:

I'll see if I can find the original drawings, but I don't think they were that specific. Other than fitting the kegerator dimensions, the rest was kinda up to him as the builder.

Back