Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually looking forward to a Hawks/Sharks semi. bless Detroit, without lube if I had it my way, and with something rusty. Anyway, Hawks/Sharks would clearly be a great matchup to see, can't think of a better opponent in the West to prepare us for the Conf. final and Cup final when it actually matters. :D

Dunno what was worse this game the homer calls for the isles or the soff goaltending by Fleury. Looks like this series is going 7 if this continues

Isles totally outplayed the pens tonight. And Sunday... And last Thursday. Didn't win on Sunday but they deserved to. If they keep playing like this they're going to win the series. They never give up... Keep coming at you. They may not be as talented as the pens on paper but they want it more and now they smell blood.

Isles totally outplayed the pens tonight. And Sunday... And last Thursday. Didn't win on Sunday but they deserved to. If they keep playing like this they're going to win the series. They never give up... Keep coming at you. They may not be as talented as the pens on paper but they want it more and now they smell blood.

Agree with your assessment. I can't believe how many times I just about screamed at the TV watching pens players just watching the Islanders dominate behind the Pens goal line, doing crazy turnovers, and just plain being out beat to the puck. It's like they just look....tired.

Here's the thing...the Penguins "game" is puck control, and having the majority of the play in the opponents end...and I haven't seen it happen much (if any) over the last three games. Pittsburgh won many, many games this year in low scoring 1 goal games, these score fests just won't work for them.

Agree with your assessment. I can't believe how many times I just about screamed at the TV watching pens players just watching the Islanders dominate behind the Pens goal line, doing crazy turnovers, and just plain being out beat to the puck. It's like they just look....tired.

Here's the thing...the Penguins "game" is puck control, and having the majority of the play in the opponents end...and I haven't seen it happen much (if any) over the last three games. Pittsburgh won many, many games this year in low scoring 1 goal games, these score fests just won't work for them.

/\
|
|
Yep.

Dayummmm... the Canucks have made it a hockey game. Sharks may have just blown their sweep.

emjay said:
It's OT now instead of the Canucks losing, so they've still made it a hockey game, and the Sharks still "may" have blown their sweep.

So... I was saying what I was saying?

Nay.

2yov0ig.jpg

10 minutes into OT I thought if the Bs lost it would still have been one heck of an entertaining game. Both teams were up and down the ice all night, there were over 90 shots on goal (yikes!) and enough contact to keep things on edge.

Someone had to lose. It's a bonus that it was the Leafs ;)

Bs in 5 is looking good...

Cheers!

Nice of Phaneuf to go for a big hit, and miss, leaving himself out of position and the other team scored a goal to win the game because of it. nobody ever brought that up about him before........

It may (hush up now) end for my team tonight, but at least they lasted longer that the 'Nucks.

I think so, seems like Chicago could advance pretty easy tonight. I'm not sure any other team in the West will stop their cup run either, but it will get a little tougher for them.

Wild's powerplay has been absolutely pathetic. 0 for 15. If we had 2 or 3 power play goals, this series would have been competitive.

I think so, seems like Chicago could advance pretty easy tonight. I'm not sure any other team in the West will stop their cup run either, but it will get a little tougher for them.

Wild's powerplay has been absolutely pathetic. 0 for 15. If we had 2 or 3 power play goals, this series would have been competitive.

If anyone has a chance to stop the Hawks it is the Ducks. We've been outplayed by them all season long. It's hard to root for the Wings, but I'd rather face them than the Ducks, given the choice.

WTF is going on at the World Championships?? first Canada loses to Switzerland in a shootout, now Russia loses to France?

Goofynewfie said:
Nice of Phaneuf to go for a big hit, and miss, leaving himself out of position and the other team scored a goal to win the game because of it. nobody ever brought that up about him before........

You should also mention that chara looked like a buffoon on the first 2 goals. Fact: every single #1 d man in the NHL makes a mistake from time to time.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Agreed, dude's a total goon. Looks like we'll likely have him next too.

Raffi is playing a spirited game but not out of control, like before. Wilson must have a coming to Jesus meeting before signing him.

So far I've got 2 picks dead on: Hawks in 5 and Sharks in 4. I thought Ottawa might steal the series but picked the Habs in 6. rest of the picks are:

Ducks in 6

LA in 7

Pittsburgh in 4 (whoops)

Caps in 5 (whoops)

Toronto in 6 (whoops)

I went with the Leafs only because the Bruins looked absolutely terrible in the last part of the season. Oh well.

[...]Toronto in 6 (whoops)

I went with the Leafs only because the Bruins looked absolutely terrible in the last part of the season. Oh well.

You're right, they totally blew huge chunks the last month, and frankly they were lucky to draw Toronto.

'Course, the last time the Bruins seemed to limp into the playoffs they won the whole thing. Who knows?

Cheers!

Back