Favorite Hop Combinations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apollo is becoming one of my favorite hops. It at 60/30/10, along with Mosaic/Amarillo at 10 and DH with Mosaic/Amarillo/Simcoe is pure bliss in a IIPA.

How are you hopping with this combo?
Fuggles for bittering only? Add any at 30 min left?
Then EKG for the rest?

Or do a mix of both through out?

How would simcoe, citra, Columbus, cascade, and chinook be? Not in that particular order.

Anything with late citra.

Apollo and summit are two great hops, not necessarily together.

Cascade pairs well with lots of hops.

centennial/amarillo/chinook i've only a couple times but it seems to be hitting the spot as of late.

Sticklebract-Cascade-Motueka

After a NZ trip I had some Sticklebract which I used in 3 batches of a pale/amber ale as a 15 IBU 15 minute addition with 5 min, flameout and dry hops of Cascade and Motueka hops in various combos. The Cascade seems to disappear, but I think it is melding with the others. Worked nicely with some darker crystal malt which I adjusted a bit batch to batch. Favorite iteration was 7% each of Simpsons Naked Oats, Simpsons Dark Crystal, and Victory with Belgian Pils as the base.

Unfortunately I have enough Sticklebract for only 1 more batch then all gone, and I haven't seen it lately online here. Northern Brewer will be my substitute hop.

Latest posts

Back