Another New Homebrewer.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adpostel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Adolph Postel. I live in Seabrook, TX, and I am excited about this wonderful new hobby. I have been known to go all out 100% of the time, so I'm excited that my new hobby will bring me great beer for my efforts!

So far, I am looking to do 5 gallon batches, with very little possibilty of going 10 gallon, I am very content doing 5 gallon batches. My current setup consists of a Starter Kit from Austin Home Brewing Supplies, I have two 9 gallon SS pots, both with valves, one 10-gallon Rubbermaid Mash Tun with false bottom and valve, 25' copper immersion chiller, Shirron plate chiller, I scored a 4-tap Keezer off CL, it is really sharp looking too, it has the CO2 system, dual gauge regulator, Perlick Faucets, and Johnson Controls Temp Controller, a couple of 6 gallon glass carboys, a couple of Better bottles....

I think I'm ready to brew. I have all of my equipment, and somewhere to put the beer when it's ready.... I went ahead and kind of set up for All Grain batches and ability to do full boils. I figured the easier it was to brew, the more I would do it.

My first two batches will be an IPA and a Mexican Cerveza for the Misses. I am also going to dedicate one tap to Root Beer or Cola for the kids. This is a great site, and I am learning a lot, also reading some of the recommended texts to further my knowledge. So thanks to everyone that contributes on this site. You will see me around..... :mug::tank:

Nice setup. Welcome to the group. Read the stickies, use the recipes, and ask away, the knowledge and helpfulness of HBT members is incredible.

Sounds like an awesome setup! Good luck with getting it all put together and your first brew. I need a bigger garage!

Latest posts

Back