Greetings from the midwest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMD

Reaction score
Hello!

I am really excited to find such a wealth of knowledge on homebrewing here. 10-12 years ago I tried doing some extract brewing, but I was always disappointed with my results. I didn't fully understand everything, just the basics. Then a couple months ago I came across all of my brewing equipment and thought, lets give it another go but this time lets try going all grain. I just so happened to have an igloo cooler that I converted to a mash tun and off I went.

My first batch of English bitter turned out far better than anything I'd done previously and now I am stoked to be back into the hobby. It really seems like the options and availability of quality products to homebrewers has really gone up since I dabbled in brewing so long ago!

Welcome, neighbor. I'm in home brewing because I love English bitter, but I never moved on from extract.

Welcome from west central Iowa and back in the hobby!. Good luck in your AG adventure! I am still an extract brewer and probably will always be. Don't close out an extract brew in your future, ideas have changed in process and ingredient quality wise in the last 10 years. Again good luck!
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Welcome,

I live nearby in Carol Stream provided you live in Illinois.

I was in a similar situation as you 6 years ago. I joined a local homebrew club (Urban Knaves of Grain) and not only went all grain but also started kegging my beer.

I never looked back and am still enjoying my hobby.

Cheers,
Ray

Latest posts

Back