Greetings from Rural Iowa!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dendinius

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm located in rural Iowa. I've brewed a couple of batches of mead, using a recipe I found online, and this current batch is the first one that I was actually able to drink (I could probably stand to let it age a few more months, but that's why I filled a swing-top bottle with part of the batch, so I can taste it at a later date!).

I brew in gallon spring water jugs, because that's what I have the easiest access to. I plan on making a batch using local honey sometime this Farmer's Market season (there's an apiary a few towns over that brings their honey to my town for FM nights). I'm personally fond of sweeter wines and alcoholic drinks, so I plan on using three or three and a half pounds for my next batch (current batch used three pounds), plus another pound at the end of the clarification process for some added sweetness.

Some things to be aware of: I'm Autistic, so I may take jokes literally, or miss jokes entirely! I am also part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and my pronouns are They/Them and She/Her. I'm also a Pagan and quite happy with my spiritual path. Don't bother trying to convince me that I'm somehow doomed to a "hell" for either my beliefs or my identity. I will block you without hesitation, after reporting you to the moderation team.

Latest posts

Back