Greetings from North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraganegra

Reaction score
Hi All!

Have been thinking of brewing for a while now and decided to look for a community on google and came across this one.

Thinking of giving this a shot to see if it can be a fun hobby for me.

If anyone has any tips, suggestions on good reads or kits for beginners I’m all ears.

Thank you!!

all google searches about homebrewing lead here! lol

and as far as equipment, all you need is a big pot! if you want to do all-grain a cooler, or big mesh bag.....

Welcome to the forum, from Long Island. Do some reading about the process, before investing in equipment, the majority of first brews are an extract kit with or without steeping grains. A fermenter can be a 6 gallon food grade bucket with a lid and airlock. Have patience and let the yeast do it’s work. Most of all, have fun.

"Greetings from North Carolina" back to you. One good read is howtobrew.com, but later versions are available in print. I think Revision 4 is the latest.

Welcome from Indian Trail, NC!

HBT is a great resource, and this hobby is a lot of fun. Worth watching a video or picking up a book like How to Brew to get down the basics.

Cheers!

Welcome from Pa, this is a great place to come and get answers to the questions that you will have.

Welcome to HBT! This is a great place to soak up some knowledge and ask questions. My only piece of advice would be to remember that you can do a lot of different stuff with a fairly basic setup. Don't feel pressured to upgrade everything!

Latest posts

Back