Green as spring grass newbie.... Greetings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim_CdY

Full time woodturner, part time brewer...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Morning fellow brewers, just a quick note to introduce myself, I'm completely new to HB having only brewed one failure, drinkable, but .... Based on my many failures I am now waiting to keg my 2nd beer later this week having corrected most of the things I did incorrectly on the first batch. I opted, with the encouragement of a brewer friend, to purchase the Grainfather (GF) brew system along with the GF conical fermenter along with a host of 'other things'. My logic, while possibly flawed, was to get good equipment and cry once and move on. I also plan on purchasing the FermZilla to allow more than one beer to be underway at the same time.

Additionally, I was lucky in that I purchased 4 'corny' kegs from a friend, the extended plan is to either build out a Keezer or purchase 3 spigot Kegarator style unit.

My wife and I are huge fans of IPA's, especially SN's - Hop Bullet, that said we are also fans of German beers along with, heck almost anything that has beer in the title!:yes: I may troll more than post, there is a ton of knowledge to be had just by reading what others have posted. As with other forum's that I'm on I discovered long ago that the search function is my best friend.

Happy beer making to everyone !

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    889 bytes · Views: 9
Hey there welcome to the forum and the hobby. I have the Grainfather as well . It's a really nice system . Download the app if you haven't done so . You make your recipes and the water calculations are dead on .

Welcome to the obsession from here in snowy Western New York State. Looks like your jumping in with both feet. Great hobbie to get into and a really good bunch of folks here on this site for endless advice.

Welcome aboard. I too troll a lot. Throw in a comment here and there when I think I have something good to say. You will pick up a lot of good knowledge here.

Back