2013 Hoptimum is out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Ahh I've waited quite a while to get my hands on one of these...

Had to go to Boston to pick it up... Looks like its only out in the major markets so far...

If anyone has come up with a good/close clone recipe of this I'd love to know!

2013-05-03 22.44.38.jpg

I just bought one bottle yesterday. Had no idea it was anything special. I'm just a fan of SN so I figured I'd like it.

Did you really drive from Syracuse, NY to Boston, MA for this beer?

Yea, I wasn't aware it was particularly rare either, but San Diego is definitely a major market. Every bottle shop and Bevmo I know of has it.

I'll grab it when I see it, but we generally don't have any difficulty on the left coast.

No difficulty here in Mass either. Already seen it in like three stores and my buddy brought some over recently.

Not a problem getting it in nj that i know of either. Got 3 cases in at the liquor store i work at. Still have 2 cases of bigfoot too.

I just bought one bottle yesterday. Had no idea it was anything special. I'm just a fan of SN so I figured I'd like it.

Did you really drive from Syracuse, NY to Boston, MA for this beer?

haha No, my fiance is from Boston and we we're in town for the weekend. Was so happy that I finally saw it. I had read a rumor online that it is now part of their imperial series that they will be releasing ever year.

Haven't seen it anywhere in cuse yet so if anyone local has, please let me know

It tastes like Dogfish 90 minute IPA to me, albeit with a lighter body and more prominent Cascade (a good thing, IMO).

It tastes like Dogfish 90 minute IPA to me, albeit with a lighter body and more prominent Cascade (a good thing, IMO).

I'd say that's a good representation of the flavor...

I would definitely drink it relatively soon. I had one saved from a 2011 batch and it definitely lost some of the aroma. Still delicious just didn't age as I had expected.

just finished a four pack, it was good. i like the founders double trouble a lil more. i don't think you want to age a double ipa even a little.

just finished a four pack, it was good. i like the founders double trouble a lil more. i don't think you want to age a double ipa even a little.

I've never had that I will have to give it a try...

Yeah - I bought a case of the hoptimum last time I saw it so I have enough to last me the month or so. Definitely need to pick up some more.

Latest posts

Back