What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Independent IPA from a burger joint in Austin (hopdoddy) best burger in town good selection of brew as well high recommend checking this places out if your ever in the Austin area

image-650138485.jpg

Shorts Huma Lupa Licious, I love this beer! Man its quiet here today.... already talked to my mom ( she is back in TX) and visited inlaws earlier this week so its beer and basketball for me

ForumRunner_20130512_170529.jpg

image-3950208535.jpg

Grilling and drinking, used the rest of the barley wine for a glaze for some salmon in the smoker

It isn't beer, I'll grant you, but I'm drinking a crisp little hard cider I just got through bottling...lalvin EC 1118 produced it....sorry, you guys kinda intimidate me with the very specific names for your beers ;-)

It isn't beer, I'll grant you, but I'm drinking a crisp little hard cider I just got through bottling...lalvin EC 1118 produced it....sorry, you guys kinda intimidate me with the very specific names for your beers ;-)

Love me some hard cider. Last one I had was infused with cinnamon and hibiscus at 14% ABV ... That still put my on my ass after a few glasses.

Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale and making sure all my notes are up to date.

image-2537200090.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
The Imperial flight at the Crown & Rose in Epcot.

Bass Ale, Harp , Strongbow Cider, Boddingtons Pub Ale & Guiness Stout! :mug:

You are only about an hour from Cigar City, any plans on taking the tour?

seigex said:
Interesting glass...

Those seen to be all the rage lately.. I don't care for them myself. I guess I need a bottle brush, but anything that is smaller at the mouth than the base is a lose in my book.

I'm having a little of my cyser. I had all but given up on this. From fresh pressed apples and local honey, ended up WAY too acidic and then after aging for a year, pitching fresh yeast and bottling it had no carbonation after 3 months. 3 months later it has some nice carbonation, and thanks to the malolactic culture I used the acidity is balancing out. It's actually pretty damn good. In a year it might be spectacular.

image-1780028484.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
The Imperial flight at the Crown & Rose in Epcot.

Bass Ale, Harp , Strongbow Cider, Boddingtons Pub Ale & Guiness Stout! :mug:

I'm going to Disney in a couple of weeks. Ill gladly take your recommendations on food, beer, and anything else. :)

Ballast Point Sea Monster Imperial Stout. Smooth and warming on a chilly evening. This is another winner that my Wyfe picked for me. I think it was the Angler Fish on the label that drew her to this one. :)

Those seen to be all the rage lately.. I don't care for them myself. I guess I need a bottle brush, but anything that is smaller at the mouth than the base is a lose in my book.

Looks like it's trying to emulate a can, but with bottle/tap goodness.. seems like there's a lot of potential to dribble... and any loss of beer would be catastrophic.

Back