Good to be back.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManSkills

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. I used to lurk here several years back and things got too busy so I had to do other stuff. For the last couple of years, I've been building a house and my brewing has been on the back burner, really non existent. I'm looking forward to brewing, cidermaking for myself but my wife buys kombucha so I'll probably try to make that too. Anyway, I'll be checking in and maybe I can contribute something from my not so vast experience.

Anyway, I'll be checking in and maybe I can contribute something from my not so vast experience.

Welcome! :mug: i love listening to supposedly 'stupid' people, where most of my good ideas come from. i'm one of them, and if they ask the internet a question, they should be prepared to make sense of the feedback they get!

Thanks. I have made all sorts of beer, cider, mead and some brandy. Since I moved to our new home and my homebrew supplies are all in storage in my basement, I'm going to venture back into the hobby. My wife spends a ton on kombucha so I'm hoping to show her that I can make a superior kombucha for pennies per bottle. Hell it's just fermented sweet tea. How hard is that? Store bought kombucha is like $3 per bottle. I bet I can make it for ten cents per bottle. Anyway, happy thanksgiving to you.

Welcome back! I took a year off myself when the wife, first born and dog moved...then the twins showed up so I completely understand the problem and process of grtting things out of storage!

Kombucha is very easy to get going...wish you luck!

Store bought kombucha is like $3 per bottle.

yeah. i remember when i asked the manager at the store i was working in if i could drink it at work, and he said "sure". i started buying 100 packs of tea bags, and brewing 10 gallon batches of it, and bringing a 96oz old walmart apple juice jug full of it to work with me, you know to stay hydrated! lol

you can imagine the size of that SCOBY!

Back