Going mobile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

Left to right.

HLT. MLT. Kettle.

The MLT is steam jacketed. The HLT and kettle are direct fire. The kettle is 60 gallons. The MLT is 40.

Below the MLT is the pump. Behind on the lower right of the MLT is a 2 zone heat exchanger that chills water for a immersion whirlpool chiller in the kettle.

The HLT has a meter stick with a sight glass for volume calculations.

1.5" sanitary fittings. Other odd bells and whistles here and there. It's pumped for propane with needle valves (yellow lines).

The HLTs steam is generated in the closed jacket. There is a pressure relief for safety. It's a trick an old restaurant equipment showed me.

The outer jacket is heated. The jacket is about a third full of water. As it's heated steam is created under pressure. The air is bled off through the relief so ultimately the jacket is full of pressurized steam. It works great.

The kettle's jacket has been opened so the heat from the burner is contained and vented out of the cut slots. It boils like a monster. Super efficient.

Haul it out. Take it on the road, to a friend's or brew-day. Mostly free up my garage. Why have half the garage filled with something I use now and again?

The milk pail is one of my treasures. The cockroaches will be using that thing in their post apocalypse empire. Its solid and it is stainless!

Back