"God dag" from Minnesota!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBock

Reaction score
Means "good day" in Norwegian. No, I'm not from Norway and I don't actually speak Norwegian. My ancestry is from Norway and Germany and I love beer! I currently have my third full batch (second partial mash) in the secondary (racked it today) and I am hooked! My little sis bought me a Mr Beer kit for Christmas, but it took a while for her to ship it from Missouri, and in the meantime, I went to LHBS and bought a real kit and started brewing. First was a kit wheat beer that went into bottles. Second batch (a darkish IPA) is on tap and the third (light pilsner style ale for SWMBO) is the first batch that I hit my target OG on the nuts and the FG looks like it will be too! Just cleaned out a small walk-in closet today to start storing brewing ingredients and fermenters. Can you say addiction!?

Greetings from originally St. Charles MN.

Making lefse today!

Enjoy the brewing.

Kirbster said:
Greetings from originally St. Charles MN.

Making lefse today!

Enjoy the brewing.

I love lefse! Making lutefisk as well? You know, you don't eat lutefisk because you like it, you eat it because you're Norwegian!

I love lefse! Making lutefisk as well? You know, you don't eat lutefisk because you like it, you eat it because you're Norwegian!

From what I have heard about Lutefisk I would think you'd have to be drunk to eat it. Very drunk!:cross:

Just kidding!

Welcome to the obsession, this is the site to go to when you have Q's or just want to learn! Good luck

My grandfather hated lutefisk so we never made it as a family. I have had it on occasion but it never turned into a tradition. We were more of the piles upon piles of bars and cookies kinda Lutherans.

Back