Ginger Beer / Sasparilla / Root Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondra76

Reaction score
Looking to make all three of Ginger Beer, Sasparilla, and/or Root Beer in the future with one of my 5 gallon sankes.

I'm guessing that extracts are usually the easiest way to go and I don't mind them. I'm still an extract beer brewer and haven't graduated to college yet on that side either but I've got 4 kegs and 1 of them is going to be dedicated to soda. Oddly enough I was just in Motor City Brewing Co the other day (fine brewery in Detroit btw if you ever stop through there) and they told me they used extracts for their Ginger Beer & Root Beer brews.

Is there a consensus of best companies out there for extracts?

Has anyone tried infusing other flavors into the extract products? Such as a small amount of lime extract into the ginger beer?

Just because you use an extract, doesn't mean you can't add things to it. If I make an extract root beer, I usually like to add some extra vanilla extract to it.

You can definitely add other extracts as you please.

Looking to make all three of Ginger Beer, Sasparilla, and/or Root Beer in the future with one of my 5 gallon sankes.

I'm guessing that extracts are usually the easiest way to go and I don't mind them. I'm still an extract beer brewer and haven't graduated to college yet on that side either but I've got 4 kegs and 1 of them is going to be dedicated to soda. Oddly enough I was just in Motor City Brewing Co the other day (fine brewery in Detroit btw if you ever stop through there) and they told me they used extracts for their Ginger Beer & Root Beer brews.

Is there a consensus of best companies out there for extracts?

Has anyone tried infusing other flavors into the extract products? Such as a small amount of lime extract into the ginger beer?

Well I think the best extract is from the Homemade Soda Company. They have extracts for a lot of different soda flavors.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back