GF rice beer recipe ***WANTED***

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labatts

Gluten free
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a free carboy available and want to try making a rice beer or even an all rice beer this weekend.

Been searching around the internet all evening but only found recipes that contain some gluten ingredients. I need an all gluten free beer due to celiacs disease.

Been very successful with sorghum based beers and want to expand my horizons a bit.

I am not set up for all grain brewing. I have equipment to do extract and partial mash (BIAB) methods.

If someone has any info I would greatly appreciate it. Going to LHBS tomorrow and would like to pick up any supplies that I'm missing.

Thank you all, keep up the good work, I love this forum.

Labatts

Just saw this post, so you may have already brewed your weekend batch!

There should be a good amount of recipe information on this forum for partial mashes.

Some things to consider:
Rice tends to finish thin, so keep that in mind for your recipe. If you are avoiding sorghum all together and using rice syrup or rice solids for your base, then you may want to use all millet and buckwheat malt for your partial mash contribution.

If you are using sorghum syrup for the base then and you want a fair amount of roasted grain, then you may want to use all rice malt for your partial mash. My experience is that rice is better for roasted grain.

If you are using all rice base and rice for your partial mash, then maybe a little extra maltodextrin for mouthfeel. I would still use a little buckwheat malt for head retention.

For my partial mash batches, I generally used the following rule of thumb:
- Partial mash using 1 to 2 lb of buckwheat malt and the rest millet (note: rice malt was not available when I was doing partial mashes otherwise would have made good use of it)
- sorghum syrup base
- 1.0 lb Belgian candy syrup (syrup, not hard candy!)
- 0.5 lb 100% buckwheat honey
- 0.5 lb maltodextrin
- final gravity target of 1.060
- cascade, or Amarillo hops for flavoring or aroma hop additions because they pair well with sorghum.

I would not say I achieved IPA status, but definitely hop forward as it hides the sorghum twang. I pretty much always dry hopped. I had some really good batches using this.

Good luck and post your results!

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have a batch brewing but I went with what I know works but I'm still looking for an all rice recipe.

My goal is to keep costs down. Also I do not have access to things such as buckwheat or any other specialty gluten free grains. I live near Buffalo, NY and have asked around all my local LHBS's and all I get us the dreaded stare. I have found a few sources online but cost us prohibitive.

I also dry hop my beers. For my tastes I use cascade for bitter, aroma and flavor then dry hop with centennial. I like to keep hops together from same regions they are grown. Your right on key with dry hopping, it hides a lot if the sorghum twang. My non-celiac friends think they are drinking a molson Canadian then I tell them what it really is and they are very surprised.

But like I said looking to expand my horizons and feel I can do something with rice, rice solids, maltodextrine and maybe some light candy sugars

I still have that extra carboys sitting around so maybe I'll head to Sam's Club or BJ's and pick up a large sack of rice. Oh I did find an interesting Chinese restaurants supply place locally that does sell bulk rice cheap and rice extracts at a very reasonable price. So I may try the rice extract first and see how that goes.

I will share what I do if it works out well. Heck will even post my falures so others don't make the same mistakes.

Definitely appreciate the time you have taken to respond. Please feel free to shar your stories. Maybe we can swap recipes now and then.

As always, Cheers!!!

I just bottled my third batch of Sorghum based beer and I have been pleased with all three, but I am starting to get slightly annoyed with the same bitter twang sorghum finish. I keep thinking I am creating something unique but they all seem to have the same finish in common. I am thinking less Sorghum and more of something else so let me know how the rice works out. My recipes have been all sorghum-based extract similar to what Chris posted above. I have added steeping some red toasted quinoa, but that isn't going to reduce your cost (oatmeal might). I just bottled a test batch where I only did a 15 minute boil and added cascade hops at the boil, at 5 minutes, at knockout, and then dry hop. If that hides the bitter twang I'll post it up. My goal there was to brew something in the spirit of New Glarus Moon Man which was my favorite beer before I had to go GF.

I lived in Buffalo when I went to UB and we used to drive across the boarder to get those Molsons because they were 5% abv on the Canadian side and the drinking age was only 19 there back then.

Hey, no "s" in Labatt, pal. :mug:

Craig

Craig,

I hear ya man, I loved me some Canadian beer. But those days are long gone but not forgotten.

As for short boils, they can be had as long as you achieve hot break. My only concern is that won't be enough time for bittering hops. Who knows you might be onto something.

Here's a tip I was going to save for a complete batch write up but I'll share now.

I'm not making gluten reduced beer but 100% gluten free beer from 100% gluten free ingredients. I don't want any confusion here. I started using Clarity Ferm at first to help prevent any chill haze and to make the clearest quality beer I could with the equipment I have. Gluten free beer in my experience tents to hold onto its cloudiness longer than non-gluten free beer. So after doing a lot if reading on white labs enzyme I thought I'd give it a try in my go to sorghum based brew.

Here's what I found and what I believe is going on. I'm not a scientist only what I've found by experience. I believe that sorghum twang is relative to certain proteins found in the sorghum, possibly after or during hot break. By adding 10ml of Clarity Ferm to a 5 gallon batch theses "twang proteins" will tend to mostly drop out during fermentation. Now I use. FastFermemt 7.9 gallon conical for all my brews. I believe in letting nature take its course so I do as little as possible to disturb the process other than dumping the collection ball once and adding hops for dry hopping. Once I feel the beer has cleared and all unnecessary proteins have dropped out of suspension do I even consider bottling.

As for bottling I mix my priming sugar solution right in the FastFermemt conical, let it sit for 30 mins then I begging bottling. Once bottled I simply place a sterilized cap on each bottle and let the bottles sit another 30 mins before capping. I know a minimum amount of fermentation has restarted, which will help push any oxygen out of the bottle. I believe this is also important to reducing any residual "sorghum twang". Can't hurt any ways because we all know the effects that oxygen can gave on our brew.

I have read so much about this dreaded twang and have drank commercial beers that have the twang, my homebrews do not.

Many of my friends have tried my beer, most think they are drinking something Canadian which was my goal. All have said they would buy this in a bar without hesitation.

Once I obtain some soda kegs I will convert my Danby 4.4 cu ft mini fridge into a kegerator and the learning process will begin again for kegging. But I'm just not there yet. Same goes for all grain brewing, eventually but just not there yet. I wanted to perfect my processes for extract brewing before jumping into the next venture. Ya know horse before the cart syndrome.

I believe that I've perfected the sorghum based beers and this is why I'm looking to move on to rice. Currently it costs me about $25 per case I brew, not bad considering the cost of a 6 pack of crappy commercial gluten free beer. But I know I can and will do better with rice or other ingredients if I can source them at a reasonable cost.

Hope the info on Clarity Ferm helps, I have read some reviews on this enzyme here in the forums but nothing regarding a reduced twang when using it. As I find more and more out with experience I will be posting it here for others to try it out, comment or simply post replies.

If someone has posted some of this info already kudos to them as I'm not here for recognition. I'm only going to post my experiences for others who struggle with gluten intolerances or like myself celiacs. This is an awful disease that not only makes you suffer physically but socially as well.

More to come,
Labatts

I forgot to add bottle aging to the above. Once bottled I believe the Clarity Ferm will continue to smooth out the twang. I bottle age the sorghum based beers for 60 days prior to drinking at a constant 66-68 degrees. Again I believe the enzyme will continue to work during bottle aging dropping out any residual proteins from the sorghum. Although I have tried beers 2 days after bottling all the way to 90 days post bottling. It always gets better and more complex with age, every time have to say tho I do enjoy a young beer sometimes. You can really pick out each hop and its respective favors and aromas.

Ok enough for now, back to NHL playoffs.

Labatts

Labatts,

If you cracked the code on sorghum beer, especially with something as easy as adding clarity ferm, that's incredible and you're a hero ! I will give it a go in my next batch. If you have time, perhaps you could post your entire recipe someday.

Thinking about your goal of cost reduction with rice, probably a crazy idea but with all the Asians in Toronto rice products should be plentiful there and with the weak Loony your US$ will go a long way. Also, could you consider items like lentils, beans, and peas ? It would be a lot of research but some have partially blazed a trail...maybe once you master the rice bill.

Too bad the Sabres aren't playing. They're still my team as I grew up on WNY.

Craig

Craig,
I'm no hero by any means. I will be contacting white labs shortly to further my research on the "twang proteins". I would like to have some one with the proper equipment test my theories.

The only reason I say clarity Ferm is key is by experience. I have brewed a few batches same recipe without the clarity Ferm and the sorghum based beer did not taste nearly as good compared to beer that had clarity Ferm or clear as nicely.

What I'm going to do next is pour me a glass leaving the sediment in the bottle. Then I'm going to pour the sediment into a glass and see if it has any "twang". If the sediment has twang I know the clarity Ferm is working to drop out those "twang proteins" further while the beer bottle conditions. I will even taste this next batch as I'm bottling to see if the twang is present or not. If not then I know for sure the clarity Ferm is working during primary and secondary fermentation. .

We know for sure clarity Ferm does drop out proteins and some tannins during fermentation. We need to figure out if the twang from sorghum based beers is related to proteins or some other molecules or whatever. I'm hoping white labs will have some input in this.

I'm very good at reading and separating large amounts of data and picking out what is relative to what I'm trying to accomplish. The info on clarity Ferm is not just a fluke. From what I've read I was able to pick out bits and pieces from a lot of posts here and on the web. I truly believe the sorghum twang is from proteins. So removing those proteins was my goal. That's how I stumbled on to clarity Ferm.

I will post my recipe and process shortly.

Wish I had the funds to experiment further. It sucks being unemployed due to health problems!!! As I build my brewery over time and I acquire the proper brewing equipment I'm sure I will produce the best gluten free beer. When I get into something I'm all in. I don't give up and I always achieve what I set out to accomplish.

Currently I have a 3 gallon stew pot, 2 gallon soup pot and a 1 gallon soup pot. All 3 pots get used, the largest for wort and the 2 smaller pots for top off water. I use cold water bath in sink to cool wort and top off water. The only true brewing equipment I have is a 7.9gallon FastFerment conical fermenter which I have modified to my liking. A few carboys and a bottling bucket. Of course a hydrometer.

I can't wait until I'm able to buy or build a 10-15 gallon brew kettle. Then I will invest in the 14 gallon FastFerment conical so I can do 10 gallon batches. Maybe another 7.9 gallon FastFerment conical and I cam split the 10 gallon batch into 2 fermenters. I really love these FastFerment conicals

I will work on my process and recipe soon. Probably should post it in the "gluten free recipe" section. I'm sure I can copy a link here for you.

I'd love to hear some input on this if others have tried clarity Ferm and noticed a reduced twang in sorghum based beers. Please share your experiences.

As always thank you to everyone for posting so much info on gluten free brewing.

Cheers,
Labatts

Craig,
Love the Sabres too but the organization is a mess with Pagulas wife running the show from the shadows. Mr Pagula is now stepping in and admitted not being part of the team was a mistake. Nobody ever reports on this info but I know folks in the front office and that's what happened the past 2 seasons. Not that a woman can't run the organization but at least find someone man or woman that has some dam experience.

I will commit to using clarity ferm in my next sorghum batch (to be brewed soon) and reporting back with the results.

A week and a half ago I bottled Igliashon Jones' oatmeal stout: http://beyondbarley.blogspot.com/2012/07/no-nonsense-oatmeal-stout.html
I have to say it is fantastic. I cut down the candi syrup to 2 lbs for a 5 gal batch and I also steeped in .75 lb of toasted red quinoa. The result is a little on the sweet side but not overly sweet and the sorghum twang isn't all that noticeable, not problematic, and one could even argue that it is a bit complementary to the flavor profile.

I am more interested in eliminating the twang in a pale ale.

White labs should be happy to assist you, after all, you are providing them with another potential market for their product.

Sorry about your current health condition and wish you speedy recovery.

Craig

Craig,
Thumbs up on finding that stout recipe and that website. With the equipment I currently have I can brew this. Very cool. This is now on my "brews to do" list for this year. Oh I can't wait. Never thought I'd be able to drink a solid looking and tasting stout again. Very intriguing.

Thank you very much,
Labatts

Chris,
Very cool thanks a bunch. As for stouts I will probably hold off till later in the season when I'm ready to keg.

From memory I preferred a kegged stout over bottled, better carbonation control I believe.

I will add it to the list and respond once it hits my lips.

Cheers,
Labatts

Craig,
For cost saving sake I found that Brewers Best offers a gluten free ale kit, Amazon 43.99 free shipping with prime and fleabay 42 bucks free shipping. I was buying pretty much this kit separately and was paying around 65 smackers for the ingredients alone plus bottle caps. My advice to you is use Brewers Best kit for Clarity Ferm experiments however do not use the entire spice pack. I measure out only 1 tablespoon, if you use the entire spice lack it will ruin the beer. Way to much orange and lemon for my taste. I also add Irish moss or the included whirlfloc tablet. It's perfectly fine to use whirlfloc and clarity Ferm together, I do in all of the ale type beers, not sure on stouts yet.

Before pitching yeast aerate wort very well for a few minutes then immediately add Clarity Ferm and STIR WELL for a couple mins, take care not to splash to much, we want all 10 ml of clarity Ferm in the beer not on the fermenter. After mixing Clarity Ferm Immediately pitch yeast and stir again this time being extremely careful not to get any yeast on sides of fermenter.

If you use a gluten free yeast nutrient that's fine but would advise against it, I had primary fermentation complete in 4-5 days. Then added dry hops for another 4-5 days then immediately to bottling when FG hit 1.019. So 9-10 days only in fermenter using nutrient. Still took 30-60 days for this beer to bottle mature. The beer with the nutrient did not taste as good when it was young unlike the beer without nutrient. Believe I was using 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons. Not sure is nutrient can cause pH to fluctuate or not or maybe it was slightly changing the mineral content in the brew water a tad bit. Either way once matured it's fine.

If you use the Brewers Best kit I always shoot for a slightly higher OG than suggested. 1.058-1.060.

I'm not sure if you will be bottling but if you hit those gravities dead nuts 4.7-4.8 oz priming sugar (corn sugar) is all I add. Do not follow the kit, they say to use entire 5 oz priming sugar but it is not needed if you let beer mature to 60 days. Plus I like to cut back on the carbs a little. I use a priming sugar graph found online.

Beer has a nice head, not incredibly long lasting but much crisper than just about all commercial beers I have tried. Gluten free of course.

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck,
Labatts

I believe it costs me less than $43 to brew a beer like that. You can purchase hops by the pound for fraction of the price per ounce than those 1oz packs. $11 here:
http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/824208.htm

This place also has the sorghum under $11, shipping is reasonable, no tax. Even amazon you can by 3 sachets of yeast for under $10. I just use table sugar for bottling. Stocking up on a few items that you use regularly goes a long way. I hope to brew up a batch this weekend.

BrewGF,
Thanks for the advise on the pound of hops. The only reason I wasn't purchasing by the pound was 1) wasn't sure what hops I liked and 2) how to pair them properly and 3) wasn't sure if I would prefer pellets of cones (leafs).

To reduce hop material when transferring to the fermenter I have been experimenting with different methods and of course pellet or cones. I have my preferred techniques down for using pellets so I will fine tune the techniques for using hop cones and see what I like best. Also wanted my hop utilization as high as possible to also reduce the cost. No wasted hops here.

Labatt,
I brewed up a batch this past weekend using clarity ferm and 6 lbs of sorghum syrup. Ill let you know the results when i know.

Did you also use a candy syrup? Like crystal or d-45? Remember to let it age fir 2 months. I bottled a batch on Saturday and watched the bottles almost completely clear in just 2 days. There is a little bit of sediment already. I put one in the fridge to try tonight so I should see if the twang is present but I believe it will reduce or be totally gone in the 2 months I let it age. Will report back with results.

Well tried the beer and it has a slight twang taste and the 2oz of centennial dry hops are very present so us the orange peel I added. However thus will fade considerably over the bottle aging process, this I know.

The beer is very drinkable at thus point but I prefer it aged. One beer and I have a buzz. This stuff is strong but you don't taste the alcohol. Believe it s around 6% ABV. However I'm not sure if the priming sugar will be converted at all to alcohol. I used corn sugar in this batch.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1495599867.808728.jpg

As you can see a very slight haze but that will be gone after just one week. Will try another beer in a week snd report back. Now that I drank the beer it left a very present taste and the mouth feel is wonderful. The head and head retention will also improve over time. Nature had to take its course. .

I did use D-90 candi syrup, and T-58 yeast on this one. I had planned lto add a touch of coriander but i forgot.

Thats pretty clear after only a couple days ! In my limited experience, it takes 3 to 4 weeks for a good head and head retention when using sorghum syrup. However, that has never stopped me from drinking much earlier. My dark stout has lost the sorghum bitterness, unfortunately it has also lost the toasted grain taste and now resembles a belgian strong ale and not a stout. I think l need to double down on the toasted grain and really scorch them good next time.

Yes the beer clears exceptional well and fast. I am now 6 days post bottling and the beer is crystal clear, can easily read thru it.

Using D-90 how is the color? Could you send me a pic? I was wondering if using darker color candy sugar adds different more caramel flavors well? I will be trying darker and darker candy sugars in the near future.

I've read that T-58 and mangrove jacks M27 yeasts add a bit of spice flavor but havnt used them yet. I only make 1 change to my base beer at a time so I can see what the subtitle differences are. Some I like some I discard. I really like what I brew now so it's hard and costly for me to make changes but who knows what I'll try next. I grow all my own vegetables and herbs so come this fall I may try some of my herbs.

As for the "head" on the beer I share the similar experiences however At the 60 day aging mark is when I've found head to be best on the sorghum based beers. Not only does the beer gain complexity, mouth feel and head retention but it's just darn smooth and refreshing. Now I'm sure water quality plays a huge roll here, I'm lucky to live where I live as my water is spot on for brewing sorghum beers. I remember looking into water quality when I started out and noted no adjustments to ph, calcium etc where necessary. Really lucked out there.

I will probably brew another batch within a week or two and may add a touch of coriander to try it out.

I took a gravity reading today on my belgian with the T58 yeast. I havent had a belgian since my celiac was diagnosed, so when I took a whiff and smelled this wonderful belgian beer I was stoked. When i tasted it, it almost brought a tear to my eye. Its not done, but very promising and I expect it to be my best batch thus far. I will share results and a pic when appropriate.

Friggen awesome!!!! A beer that bring a tear is worth brewing. Post it up and I will give it a try if I have the equipment to do so. My last batch came out very good as well. Nice beer up front, not to thin with a slight lemon head candy finish. No tears but my best batch to date as well. Must be that spring air. I'm ready to brew another batch, almost done with the greenhouse project. Working on the rain catchment system and water storage today. Hopefully finish it up

OK Labatt,

I was a little skeptical but you may have cracked the code on the sorghum twang. I bottled my batch which used 6.6 lbs of Sorghum and a vile of clarity ferm. The results thus far? No discernible unpleasant bitter finish as was present in all my other batches. Amazing. The only variable was that changed was that I used T58 yeast. So, it is possible the elimination of that twang could have been attributable to that yeast. However, based on your results, it is likely the work of the clarity ferm. How did you come up with that great idea?

I will post more on my results and a pic (and recipe if you like) once the beer has had a little more time to finish.

Craig

Hey Brew,
I'm glad to hear things worked out for you as good if not better than my results.

Like I stated in some of my previous posts it comes down to one thing, science. Let's face it was are all mad little scientists who brew our own beer. I didn't stumble upon this by accident and believed (without fancy scientific equipment) that the "twang" was related to unwanted/unnecessary proteins found in sorghum.

Still have a ways to go and believe I can and will make a truly unique beer for the world to enjoy. There's something many of us don't know. Let me start by saying that not being celiac I would have never known this either but within approximately 200 years from now the world will be either celiac or gluten intolerant, this we know. Now without one of big 3 staples (potato, rice and wheat) the world is going to face a famine it has never seen before. This is also going to create food and drink challenges we have never faced.

I've done things in my life to make a mark and more importantly make a difference in people's lives. This is one more thing I can leave behind for someone else to continue or perfect above and beyond my means. As we evolve we are only going to be left with gluten free beer, regular beer will eventually be poison. I don't take credit for this as its a combination of everyone's work before me. I'm just taking it a step further and I'm not done yet with this venture by far. There is more surprises to come yet and I'm hoping with the help of White Labs we will be able to offer the world something different in many aspects but also the same. This is why I'm posting in this forum, kind if a journal for all home brewers to carry on.

There are more enzymes that I will be experimenting with and with any luck even better success. Time will tell.

I just wish there was some funding available for this type of research. Let's face it it's not cheap. To many Americans only care about their sheltered little live and cannot think 2 days down the road let alone 200 years. But if we don't start acting now what will there be for our great great grandchildren?

Hopefully more people start using my methods and post their successes and failures. Comments and criticisms will let us evolve this little project to great neck proportions.

More to come,
Labatts

Labatt,

I think your discovery of using clarity ferm with sorghum deserves its own fresh thread. I am sure it could help a lot of others here. There are so many intelligent, creative people here that could help you as well. They could either substantiate your findings with their own experimentation, or possible even debunk them. I think you are right on but still can't rule out the T58 yeast strain from eliminating the twang.

On the cost reduction front, check out making inverted sugar. I think sorghum can benefit from the use of an adjunct. I have been using different candi syrups but inverted sugar is easy and inexpensive to make and supposedly imparts really good flavor in the beer. Plus, you can cook it to your desired color. I plan to give it a try when I work through the syrups I purchased and still have on hand.

Hope you start the new thread ! Go Bills ! Just made plans to go to B-Lo for the Bucs game.

Craig,
Definitely appreciate all your feed back especially on the sugars and the Clarity Ferm. As for the yeast you would probably know better than I as I've only been using one yeast strain to keep my results consultant. I've been using Danstar British Ale yeast as I know it's grown using potato starch and is 100% gluten free.

You bring up a good point starting a new thread. I will do that and put a link to this thread. I wanted to get in touch with White Labs and include their feedback in the new thread.

How many days post bottle are you now? Have you been trying the beer say every week to see if the clarity Ferm is continuing to work, I mean dropping out more and more of the twang?

I poured a nice clear glass the other day and drank it down. Then I drank the sediment in the bottom and whoa did the sediment have a metallic twang to it. The glass of beer did not. So if you don't mind continuing to post your results and of course happiness or sadness I would greatly appreciate it.

I will share the other enzymes I'm working with once I have results good or bad but I want to make sure 1) they will be alcohol stable and 2) they don't degrade the beer or carbonation over time. That will be sometime down the road. People also have different reactions to enzymes so I want some people to try it before I post it. Don't want to recommend doing something that is going to start a gravy train to the restroom.

Appreciate all the time you taken,
Labatts

Craig,
You got me thinking, man that's a scary thing. Who know what I'll come up with when that happens. Anyways I'm getting my ingredients and gear together for another brew this weekend and the Safbrew T58 yeast your using made me think about flocculation and diacetyl production. I believe T58 has a medium flocculation and low diacetyl production and that may aide in the clarity ferms efficiency. The yeast I currently use has a low flocculation and what I would consider to be a high diacetyl producer which is typically what us Brewers try to avoid unless making a high diacetyl type beer.

I have some S-04 and US-05 in the fridge which I am going to use one of them in this weekends brew! Thanks to you. I believe both are med to high flocculation and low diacetyl producers. I have to look up stats on both yeasts and will probably try a medium flocculation yeast next. I do not have a fermentation chamber to ferment at lower temps however I do have the ability to keep my fermentation area between 68-72 degrees. Think I was using the wrong yeast but I wanted to keep things consistent during my testing. I believe this will also aid in Clarity Ferms ability to quickly and more effectively drop out more of the twang proteins. I will report on this in the near future.

If you make subsequent batches using clarity Ferm I would say try s-04 and us-05 yeast strains as well, just a suggestion. I personally don't like a spicey beer and will more than likely avoid T58 but may give it a try once for its medium flocculation characteristics.

Hope you have a good trip to buffalo for the bills game and the weather is snowy as all get up. I'm sorry but football without snow is like wearing jeans backwards.

Good luck,
Labatts

Here's a pic, after drinking half, of my beer using t58 yeast and sorghum and D90 Candi syrup. There is very little sorghum twang and if there is a little bit it is not offensive at all and fits in with the Style Beer. I will definitely be using Clarity ferm in my next batch also and probably use US05. I'm in the process of selling a house and moving so I'm not sure when I will get to that next batch.

20170623_185134.jpg

Craig,
Beer looks great, color is amazing, thought it would be much darker using D90. Think I'm going to use it next run. Really glad to hear it worked out for you. Unfortunately I didn't get to brew last weekend or even this past weekend, forgot about birthday parties. Ugh anyway I had a few this past weekend and past a few around and the responses I got where amazing especially after I told them it was gluten free. People were asking for more. Even the ladies that don't care for beer.

Good luck with the move. Dam I hate moving. Just hope your not moving across country or anything too far. Been there, done that and I am done with that.

Talk to ya soon,
Labatts

Latest posts

Back