Beer brewing for the meme generation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too thought it was a great vid. So many of the peeps that make brewing vids seem to take themselves too serious. It was refreshing to see a humorous take on a brew day/process! My favorite part was when it was fermenting and whether or not it was infected and to check it or not to check it. Good stuff mang! :mug:

I mention that in the video, I will be doing a review in about a week from now.

I actually inspected the bottles and I am noticing now some sediment starting to form in the bottom which is a great sign, so I am very excited. It is going to be very hard for me to NOT open up this beer this weekend since it will only have been a week since I bottled it. :mug:

Crack one open! This is one area where I have NO patience for. Rarely can I wait more than a week before I crack open my first bottle! Of course, depending on how green tasting the brew is determines how long I wait to crack open the next one... :cross:

Very nice video! Im gonna share it on my Business Facebook , Big Horn Basin Brew Supply, page so my customers can get a look at it. Im sure they will love it too! Thanks for sharing.

I bottled an American Amber Ale the same weekend, and I live not far away in Northern VA! Coincidence, or is there some amber ale karma coming from DC? ;) I've (so far) resisted sampling too; planning on cracking a bottle Monday, as I will be away this weekend. Great video - keep 'em coming. Love the curly W hat too! :)

I bottled an American Amber Ale the same weekend, and I live not far away in Northern VA! Coincidence, or is there some amber ale karma coming from DC? ;) I've (so far) resisted sampling too; planning on cracking a bottle Monday, as I will be away this weekend. Great video - keep 'em coming. Love the curly W hat too! :)

I did crack one open... it's promising... I have footage it's coming, the beer will be over-analyzed and reviewed to death this Sunday. :D

early indications this is more of a Märzen... even though it's Ale yeast.

Make sure to include, "Is it carbed yet??! Should I try one? WHY ISN'T IT CARBED YET DO I HAVE A LEAK OR IS MY BEER RUINED?!?"

Good job. I didn't know how to pronounce "meme" at first either. I'm 35. Either I'm old or just stupid. Either way, good video.

Classic,as usual. You really remind me of the panicky guy on Letterman. He was also in The Deep,which this more specirficaly reminds me of. Nice job!

So, when are you going to brew another? :)

yeah already thinking of other brews already... thinking about my next beer... yup it was just a matter of time.. :rockin:

Guess I am hooked, just have to make the time.

As I mentinoned the beer came out nicely and it's sort of an Oktoberfest but really not... sorta.. so it was not what I was expecting at all for an amber.

But it worked out nicely. I was happy to see a bigger head form after a week later, I thought maybe it wouldn't happen. Still have some other bottles conditioning and who knows if they will be different in a week also?

Still, lots of beer to drink, friends already want to get their hands on it. We'll see.

On a side note, I already spoke with ahem .. SWMBO and expressed interest in a trelis and a hop vine. We bought our house two years ago and have done lots of landscaping and plant work, right now we are out there every weekend wedding, tending my herb garden and such, and I told her I want a hop vine. We have lots of room, I just want to make sure it doesn't crawl on my neighbors fencing or anything else.

Not unfamiliar with them, but they are invasive and you have to be careful. We planted a trumpet vine in our old place and the thing went nuts. I am having visions of hop vine Citra, Amarillo and fresh hop beer... drooling just thinking about it.

Plus one woman I know wants me to make a pumpkin beer (I don't like pumpkin ale) and I totally told her I will make her one in October. Plus I need to make something peach/fruit oriented cause my wife loves peaches and we get great ones in season at our farmers market. She loves plenty of other styles (mostly lambic) but that would be much easier to go with.

There are no limits now, I already got an interesting peach/fruit beer idea, but baby steps... :mug:

We still have a lot of farms around here,so pumpkins & the like are pretty common in early fall fresh. I may just try a punkin beer this year. Maybe put the roasted pumpkin in the mash?. What ticks me off is that infection thing that went through all the beehives around here a few years ago. I'm having a lot of trouble finding fresh honey anywhere near here anymore. Raw wildflower honey used to be common. Wanted to do a fresh honey wheat PM beer with lemon. Now idk. Monsanto has made us machines...no heart or soul,but at least we're machines...more of us than there is of them!...:drunk::mug:

Dude, that was awesome! I laughed a few times and realize you must've been sh*thoused when trying to use that capper!

what an awesome video, how did it turn out or are you still waiting? it's amber ale so I figured by now it should still be around, right? either way cheers, :)

what an awesome video, how did it turn out or are you still waiting? it's amber ale so I figured by now it should still be around, right? either way cheers, :)

Yup it's done and long gone drank (took some time though!).

If you go to page 6 of the thread and scroll towards the middle, I put up the other video of me actually reviewing the beer.

I had to ask one of my nerdy friends the other day too, so I'll share my findings:
Meme= (pronounced meem with the long-e sound) is defined as a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes. From the Greek word meaning "to copy."

Love the video. I've shared it several times on this forum to new brewers!

Yup it's done and long gone drank (took some time though!).

If you go to page 6 of the thread and scroll towards the middle, I put up the other video of me actually reviewing the beer.

lol, I just saw the video...good job, man...and you do, as other might have said, remind me of Louis CK...only you don't curse...but you're quite a character. I'm new to this forum, but glad to have found it. hope to see more of your vids, :)

Nice job. The best compliment I can give is that I watched it to the end. I don't watch very many videos online. And rarely do I watch them to the end. Definitely entertaining.

On a side note, I already spoke with ahem .. SWMBO and expressed interest in a trelis and a hop vine. We bought our house two years ago and have done lots of landscaping and plant work, right now we are out there every weekend wedding, tending my herb garden and such, and I told her I want a hop vine. We have lots of room, I just want to make sure it doesn't crawl on my neighbors fencing or anything else.

Not unfamiliar with them, but they are invasive and you have to be careful. We planted a trumpet vine in our old place and the thing went nuts. I am having visions of hop vine Citra, Amarillo and fresh hop beer... drooling just thinking about it.

Plus one woman I know wants me to make a pumpkin beer (I don't like pumpkin ale) and I totally told her I will make her one in October. Plus I need to make something peach/fruit oriented cause my wife loves peaches and we get great ones in season at our farmers market. She loves plenty of other styles (mostly lambic) but that would be much easier to go with.

There are no limits now, I already got an interesting peach/fruit beer idea, but baby steps... :mug:

Hops is not exactly invasive because it doesn't spread by seed only by rhizomes. If you plant it near the neighbors fence it will climb it otherwise it will have to crawl there- you can prune it. Unfortunately Citra and Amarillo are proprietary cultivars and you cannot get rhizomes- maybe, hopefully in a few years... I really want Simcoe. There are many great varieties that you can grow- definitely recommend it especially if you already have basic gardening knowledge. There is a lot of info on growing/ harvesting/ drying here on the forums.

Pumpkin beer is great and I find in most beers it is the (overused) spices I don't like though I can't speak for you. Really any winter squash will work; if you have a favorite use that.

I enjoyed your first video though I think mine is one generation before the meme's; I will be watching the review shortly. I can relate to your concern during fermentation. Nice work. :mug:

Latest posts

Back