Soda Stream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyAB

Reaction score
Anybody make an adapter to allow pushing a portable keg with a soda stream and standard regulator? I have a paintball tank and adapter but I like the availability of soda stream cylinders.

I doubt that you'll find anyone who has done this. Sodastream tanks are readily available but very expensive. $16 for 14 ounces of co2 compared to $4.50 for 24 ounces in a paintball tank from Dicks Sporting Goods. True, you need to buy the tanks first, but they can be found for under $30 each from eBay. I actually bought an adapter to use my 24 oz tank on my Sodastream.

You might try Palmer's Pursuit Shop http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/, if they don't have the adapter you're looking for, they have enough adapters and working knowledge of CO2 that a quick call would probably get you the answers or specific adapter you're looking for.

Hmm, this is an odd request. Sodastream bottles are available sure, but at about 8-10 times the cost of CO2 available for traditional kegging setups.

We have a Soda Stream and I bought some adapters from CO2doctor.com to be able to fill their cylinder from my 5 lb tank. They also sell parts to convert soda stream setups to run off of standard CO2 cylinders, so with those parts you could go the other way around. Just not sure why you'd want to.

Many homebrew shops have paintball draft setups, seems like a better way to go if you are looking for portability, IMO.

The long slender bottles of the Sodastream fit my portable kegging setup nicely. Also, there is nobody in town that fills CO2 paintball canisters whereas the Sodastream is ubiquitous. With Sodastream one is also guaranteed "food grade" if one is concerned about that. One Sodastream bottle should push a lot of kegged beer so the convenience outweighs the extra cost from my point of view.

To each their own, so here you go. Go here and look for the CO2dapter II with the CGA 320 male outlet for $64.99. You can connect a standard regulator to that.

Make sure to always keep the sodastream cylinder vertical when in use.

Happy Portable kegging, eh. :mug:

RandyAB said:
The long slender bottles of the Sodastream fit my portable kegging setup nicely. Also, there is nobody in town that fills CO2 paintball canisters whereas the Sodastream is ubiquitous. With Sodastream one is also guaranteed "food grade" if one is concerned about that. One Sodastream bottle should push a lot of kegged beer so the convenience outweighs the extra cost from my point of view.

Luck out where I'm from - local welding supply also does medical gasses, and a 20# fill is about $17.00.

Let me know how the sodastream setup works out!

Back