I need a summer brew that IMPRESSES!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea but I usually bottle right from primary. I'm not an ipa fan yet but I do like the light dryhop characteristics it provides when done in moderation.

Centennial Blonde has turned out quite well. I had a "beer snob" over this weekend and he wanted to drink some of my beers. I told him all that I had available and he snickered at the Blonde; too simple and light for his complex taste. Eventually he poured one and that's the only beer he had after that point. Kept going back for more. Mine is a little hazy b/c I didn't cold crash or anything so I'm calling it Dirty Blonde ... she always goes down easy

Centennial Blonde has turned out quite well. I had a "beer snob" over this weekend and he wanted to drink some of my beers. I told him all that I had available and he snickered at the Blonde; too simple and light for his complex taste. Eventually he poured one and that's the only beer he had after that point. Kept going back for more. Mine is a little hazy b/c I didn't cold crash or anything so I'm calling it Dirty Blonde ... she always goes down easy

All this centennial blonde talk has me really wanting one! I have a party in a month and can't decide between that or the watermelon wheat to make for it.

SD-SLIM posted a pretty simple recipe that a lot of people seem to be raving about. It's a Lemon-Lime Hefe Weizen that can be substituted with grapefruit if you prefer. It says that it's all grain, but he provides an extract version in his first post as well. I'm planning on brewing this one at some point this summer. Here's a link:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/lemon-lime-hefe-weizen-255659/

Just tapped a 5gal two weeks ago.... not a fan of fruit beers but this one is a keeper!

I have gotten rave reviews on Smylies Honey Blonde that msmylie posted. Everyone from my beer snob son to my "I like mine light" daughter and everyone in between loves this stuff. They even got excited when I said I was brewing it again.

The recipe is here (I think, never tried a linkback before - if it doesn't work, search for honey blonde ale (extract).

Good luck.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/honey-blonde-ale-extract-230554/

Go to Morebeer and pick up the citra pale. The beer is perfect as a summer brew. The citra hops bring in a complex nature that is amazingly balanced. I haven't had a person hate this beer yet. Including the Big 3 drinkers. Hope this helps.

I am also getting very good reviews for an Apricot Wheat from sanctimonia. The recipe is here:

http://sanctimonia.hubpages.com/hub/Beer-Recipe-Apricot-Wheat

Notes:
1)
  1. I used 3 Lbs of Apricot puree, and 4 oz of apricot extract (the recipe is kind of hazy on the amounts)
  2. 2) this ended up being relatively strong stuff at around 5.5 ABV
  3. 2) this uses whole hops, which I found reduced the boilover risk, but makes a mess of the workt (all kinds of seed and crap floating around to be strained out, etc.) you might want to check around and see how much difference using pellets would make if you decide to brew this.

This is the Bicentennial Blonde....primary for 17days....now in the carboy for 11 days...I crashed it for a couple days and now it has warmed back up....could it just be residual yeast reactivated? Or is this an infection....I was going to bottle it this tomorrow....PLEASE HELP!!!!

IMG_0577.jpg

Back