Johnson Control Digital Unit-refrigerator summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inter01

Reaction score
I know this has been touched upon quite a bit, but just wanted to be sure. I have a refrigerator/freezer combo in the garage. It is summer time and I am trying to determine if its better to have it set to Cooling Cut In or Cooling Cut Out. I will be using it to control a consistent fermenting temperature. Right now I have the SP at 69 with a differential of 1. It is also set to Cut Out. Is this the best approach or should I set to Cut in? Thanks!

I always want to avoid having to keep changing it from Cool Cut In and Cool CUt Out dependent on how warm it gets in the garage.

You don't need to change it. I left mine at the factory default setting of Cut-in. This setting turns the fridge on when the temperature hits the Setpoint and off when the Setpoint minus Differential is reached. So, if you have Setpoint at 69F and Diff at 1F, the temperature will vary between 68F and 69F (disregarding any carryover effects).

Got it. So even if I had it set to Cooling Cut Out, it would essentially be the same as having it as Cooling Cut In, right?

Cut in turns on at the setpoint- so if you're set at 70, iwith a diff of 1, the fridge turns on at 70 and turns off at 69. With cut out the fridge would turn on at 71 and off at 70.

No practical difference if you set the diff small.

Latest posts

Back