Dual Pressure CO2 Regulator Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the love of God can someone please tell me what the name of this little metal pipe with threads on each end is? Its the part circled in green with the green arrow pointing to it and it connects dual pressure regulators together. I order this as an upgrade but they came separated and Im finally kegging some home brew but the regulators are separated. I need to order one of these or at the very least, call my LHBS tomorrow in the morning and see if they have one but I dunno wtf its called and im not having any luck on the internet.

Regulator.jpg

Nipple you may need a left hand thread not all of the regs use right hand threads

They are both taprite regulators. Im not sure if they are right or left, how would I tell?

Check a hardware store first.

What do I ask for as far as the size? Im sorry if its a stupid question I just have no idea about any of this stuff.

alright well my local hardware store clerk looked at me like i had balls hanging off my chin when i said about the left hand thread instead of right. Needless to say the piece I bought is right handed and won't work. Any suggestions on where i might be able to find a left handed brass nipple. Or a place that will at least know what im talking about? Im gonna check harbor freight and tractor supply, hoping i have luck there but if not i may need to order online so any suggestions on where i can find one online would be good too.

Cant you get on the phone with whoever you bought it from? I presume you ordered a 'dual', so it should not only come assembled, but with all of the correct parts.

Cant you get on the phone with whoever you bought it from? I presume you ordered a 'dual', so it should not only come assembled, but with all of the correct parts.

Well i "upgraded" to a dual, so im guessing that just meant they threw another one in with the package and figured "goodluck". Normally my first step would be to call them and ***** however if its a part thats less then $5 which it appears to be i'd rather buy it local so i don't have to lose an hour of my life on hold and talking to customer support and then wait a week to get it in the mail. I have a corney ready to start carbing so if i could get it quick with minimal additional cost i'd rather do that.

Did you buy it from keg connection dot com? I upgraded to a dual when I bought through them and it came fully assembled. Also customized parts of the order through email, incredibly helpful people there so give it a try.

Back