Kegging Cloudiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosley623

Reaction score
Sunday night I kegged a Northern Brewer NZ IPA I brewed a few weeks back. When I transferred it it was nice and clear, and tasted great. I added the dry hops (they send pellets and not whole leaf, which sucks), into a cloth and into the keg to try to keep some of the sediment contained. I've had the keg under pressure since Sunday night, and last night I decided to try a sipper and to my shock it was way cloudy. Like almost crappy orange juice cloudy.
It still tasted fine but I just cant understand the cloudiness.

Any thoughts?

Sometimes when I dryhop with pellets they make a beer cloudy with hop particles for the first few glasses. It should settle out, otherwise it might be chill haze. You could clear with gelatin to get rid of that pretty easily. There are a bunch of threads on it.

Dry hoping and using gelatin might be counter productive. Maybe dry hop in the keg for a week then pull out the hop sack and let the beer clear for another week or two.

Back