4 days no visable signs of fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpfeil8484

Reaction score
Now I no there's many threads about this but they all say you'll see fermentation in about two - three days it's been four and no signs temp is at 70f any ideas....it's an English pale ale as well

What do you mean by "no Signs?" No bubbles in airlock? Or you actually looked at the beer and you have no Krausen forming and the beer looks and smells just like it did when you put it in the fermenter? If you literally have no signs at all, including gravity didn't change, repitch at soon as possible.

When I did the Cooper's English Bitter kit,I didn't get much if any bubbling either. but I did get about an inch of krausen. Look for that.

Not only do you need to look inside but you also need to take a hydrometer reading. The lid to the bucket could be leaking out the CO2 preventing the airlock from bubbling which is a common problem. That's my guess.

Latest posts

Back