I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my own confession to make: I rarely drink. When I was 19 I went crazy with it but after that there was really no appeal to it (which is odd considering most other substances WERE appealing in my early 20's).

I had a couple sours at a restaurant a few weeks back, but before that, I don't think I've had so much as a beer since March, and that was just a special delivery of Heady Topper I HAD to drink fresh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on this site for nothing. I do brew. I haven't in a year and a half, but that's been between moving and building quite an expensive basement brewery.

But tonight... I feel like getting just a little ****ed up. Have no choice but to keep it legal this time, so I'll be choosing from cases of homebrew and (literally) hundreds of commercial brews I have stored.

So, cheers :mug:

Oh, and telling your doctor you homebrew as a hobby and trying to convince him you only have a couple drinks a few times a month IF THAT... Bwahahahaha good luck!

I have my own confession to make: I rarely drink. When I was 19 I went crazy with it but after that there was really no appeal to it (which is odd considering most other substances WERE appealing in my early 20's).

I had a couple sours at a restaurant a few weeks back, but before that, I don't think I've had so much as a beer since March, and that was just a special delivery of Heady Topper I HAD to drink fresh.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on this site for nothing. I do brew. I haven't in a year and a half, but that's been between moving and building quite an expensive basement brewery.

But tonight... I feel like getting just a little ****ed up. Have no choice but to keep it legal this time, so I'll be choosing from cases of homebrew and (literally) hundreds of commercial brews I have stored.

So, cheers :mug:

Oh, and telling your doctor you homebrew as a hobby and trying to convince him you only have a couple drinks a few times a month IF THAT... Bwahahahaha good luck!

Like I tell folks. No, im not an alcoholic because I brew. Brewing beer takes ~6 weeks at a minimum for ~48 beers (longer for meads/wines/ciders obviously).

For an alki that brews their own - ain't nobody got time for that...

Didn't have the foresight to chill my case of Orval. Would have been a nice, easy, drinker. Basement fridge is still mostly loaded with winter beers.

A sixer of Trois Pistoles, a 9% Belgian Dark Strong... easier drinking than it might sound. I'll take it!

Like I tell folks. No, im not an alcoholic because I brew. Brewing beer takes ~6 weeks at a minimum for ~48 beers (longer for meads/wines/ciders obviously).

For an alki that brews their own - ain't nobody got time for that...

Hah. I have no doubt there are alkis on HBT though. Especially with some people's crazy batch sizes/brewday frequency. I mean, I'm sure some of those people legitimately give away a lot - even I do - but some things I read on here would suggest that not only are THEY alkis, but unless they are Andre the Giant, the people they must ALSO be giving it away to are mostly alkis too!

I thought this was supposed to be a night thread :D

Me too! I often appear offline because I like to peruse various threads without being noticed. Sometimes I forget to change that in Forum Options and appear offline. PP, I don't think anybody has ever seen online. That's just PP and nobody really cares because if he's posting he's either there or will comment soon. If you are online sometimes and off lines sometimes it's confusing to others. I'm that guy

Babbling.

eh? what were we talking about?

I will say that right after my little world peace rant my computer went down and I couldn't do anything except a force shut off and let it start back up again.

Paranoia? No. I just got a sucky arse old computer and sometimes have to do that to make it work.

Me too! I often appear offline because I like to peruse various threads without being noticed. Sometimes I forget to change that in Forum Options and appear offline. PP, I don't think anybody has ever seen online. That's just PP and nobody really cares because if he's posting he's either there or will comment soon. If you are online sometimes and off lines sometimes it's confusing to others. I'm that guy

Babbling.

eh? what were we talking about?

I always leave mine to appear offline. For one thing, I have a horrific sleep schedule (I'm betting even with this growing buzz it will be light outside before I'm asleep) and there's a person or two who are so observant on this website (you KNOW who you are!) that they'd probably think I'm some mental inpatient or something because I couldn't possibly function in society on such a ridiculous sleep "pattern" (in quotes because there's really no pattern at all)! But I can promise I've never been committed - voluntary or otherwise :D Doesn't mean I shouldn't have LOL

Not sure if the app follows the invisible mode settings though. And it's all I use. So if I ever appear online, it probably just means my phone's on.

Man... I really need to get my **** together for med school. I mean, I'm old for someone just going into med school (just turned 27 last Monday), but I've actually been keenly interested in the field for quite awhile and I'm sure my knowledge is way ahead of the pack, but not being able to sacrifice one morning to choose nearly all my classes to be in the afternoon may hurt me ;/

I will say that right after my little world peace rant my computer went down and I couldn't do anything except a force shut off and let it start back up again.

Paranoia? No. I just got a sucky arse old computer and sometimes have to do that to make it work.

I haven't had a ****ty computer since high school. While you folk are a kinder lot, I'm not sure it's in my best interests to explain why... again.

Wow Dan you're a "Thread Starter";)

The grilled pizza was the best ever home made pizza we ever had. I made the crust from the book that came with the bread machine and I have no reason to change it...I put the pizza stone about 3 inches above a beautiful bed of coals.

I was on the phone just talking with my Mom for over two hours. I cannot remember the last time we did that. Not out of the woods but my Dad feeling better has us all in a good mood. My three year old just joined me in the garage at 1:30 am. WTF?

Emjay,

My brother was around your age, maybe thirty when he started school again. He got married young, around 22. It didn't work out. He had some previous college and trained in tech field. Marriage ended after 6 or so years. He decided to follow my dad's footsteps as a Chiropractor. Went back to school and 6 years later took over my father's practice.

Your ages are sort of the same starting. You have a sharp mind and obviously care for people whether you let on to it or not.

People with a great brain and commitment to help? You'd be cheating the world if you didn't put those gifts to work. Go to med school.

Man... I really need to get my **** together for med school. I mean, I'm old for someone just going into med school (just turned 27 last Monday), but I've actually been keenly interested in the field

My aptitude test said medicine. I chose engineering. I am now a contractor. I think I have a medical mind. I don't study much but I somehow get it.

My uncle worked in a med lab for like 30 years, got a PA a few years back and now at close to 70 is a MD. You have plenty of time. Follow your calling. Happy Birthday and best of luck at med school:mug:

There are many Johnny Cash songs I love. This is really haunting for me and one the most precious..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Dan you're a "Thread Starter";)

The grilled pizza was the best ever home made pizza we ever had. I made the crust from the book that came with the bread machine and I have no reason to change it...I put the pizza stone about 3 inches above a beautiful bed of coals.

There's probably only one reason for that: temperature. If you break the lock on your oven and run the cleaning cycle it makes really good pizza ;)

Emjay,

My brother was around your age, maybe thirty when he started school again. He got married young, around 22. It didn't work out. He had some previous college and trained in tech field. Marriage ended after 6 or so years. He decided to follow my dad's footsteps as a Chiropractor. Went back to school and 6 years later took over my father's practice.

Your ages are sort of the same starting. You have a sharp mind and obviously care for people whether you let on to it or not.

People with a great brain and commitment to help? You'd be cheating the world if you didn't put those gifts to work. Go to med school.

My aptitude test said medicine. I chose engineering. I am now a contractor. I think I have a medical mind. I don't study much but I somehow get it.

My uncle worked in a med lab for like 30 years, got a PA a few years back and now at close to 70 is a MD. You have plenty of time. Follow your calling. Happy Birthday and best of luck at med school:mug:

Thanks guys. Unfortunately, there are very real reasons why the timing for med school might be very bad, all of them personal (not in the sense I can't share, just that they are personal issues). Thankfully I have a guaranteed acceptance that will allow me to take the time away if I really feel I need it by September.

Med school has been more than merely an interest of mine though. I'm not a religious person, but serious existential crises have also (after the fact) made me seek it for a personal sense of purpose. If I do ANYTHING, it will be what I do - there's no question of that.

Everybody finds their niche. Some find or are forced to find it. You Emjay? We can all from what we know about you say what you should do. But, you are correct. Only you will find it. Truly want to talk to you again in about ten years. (of course I'm not going to wait that long)

There's probably only one reason for that: temperature. YES!

If I do ANYTHING, it will be what I do - there's no question of that.

That will NEVER change.

I have done what I have done. I may change things in the future but I would never trade my past for anything. It is who I am now.

Follow your heart. For love, for learning, for faith. You will have no regrets.

Please know, and I'm finding this out myself about me. I think I hear fine but everybody I know says I don't.

One thing about being in the military is they give you hearing test each year. didn't realize until a few years ago they re-basline it occassionally.

I put the subtitles up on shows I watch. Music familiar to me I know the words by heart. LRB, the video you posted I couldn't make out the words. The music was pretty

Thanks Dan. I'm a metalhead but Cash is the best. My avatar is Danzig who I believe had a close friendship with Johnny.

To be honest I don't know who Danzig is. I think music is a common ground. I don't play any type of musical instrument. But many do, takes a lot of devotion and practice. I figure once they reach that point they probably appreciate more.

As an example. Hankd Williams Jr and Kid Rock were fans of each other. I think it was Kid Rock and probably wrong. But they were both successful on opposite ends of the music spectrum however, still appreciated each other's music

Please know, and I'm finding this out myself about me. I think I hear fine but everybody I know says I don't.

One thing about being in the military is they give you hearing test each year. didn't realize until a few years ago they re-basline it occassionally.

I put the subtitles up on shows I watch. Music familiar to me I know the words by heart. LRB, the video you posted I couldn't make out the words. The music was pretty

My wife is nearly deaf in her left ear from a childhood illness. She usually speaks very loudly. It makes her who she is and I like that.

In the middle of business, I can call her anyone and she won't know the difference (if I'm speaking in the correct ear) :)

More Music if you're still out there Dan!

Ishicavo my brother,

I'll be out there till I'm not. For tonight? Probably here a little while longer.. Let me find you another JC song.. BRB

Mesmerizing.

It doesn't matter what she is singing.

You said "Bush'
Butthead.gif.html

Ira Hayes. Doesn't sound much like and Indian name. He's held as an
American hero, part of the historic flag raising we think about. Marines!

Some say he was just a fictitious figure who wasn't there. I wasn't there nor either were you. Movies aside, I'll believe this truth.

If I'm not being clear. I truly believe in the man Ira Hayes.

It requires a bit of (fairly intuitive) php understanding. Depending on your browser and other variables, YouTube will spit out a different link.

Notice in the URL where the question mark appears. That is where the php commands begin. They can be in any order and are separated by ampersands (&s). All you want is the "view" command (denoted by a v="string") after the question mark. Delete everything after the question mark and before the v= and everything after (and including) the next ampersand. I'm not sure if the latter part is even necessary but it creates a "pure" URL devoid of unnecessary YouTube php garbage.

I announced my intentions earlier to get drunk, and I very much am by now! So if the explanation is overly technical, my apologies.

Ischiavo, I was listening to it. f**** my effing hearing is getting worse than I thought. Sorry brother. I can't distinguish words anymore when it comes to music... You have a lyrics video to go with that?

This is Johnny's song covered by Danzig:

"Thirteen"

Bad luck wind been blowing at my back
I was born to bring trouble to wherever
I'm at Got the number thirteen tattooed on my neck
When the ink starts to itch, then the black will turn to red

I was born in the soul of misery
Never had me a name
They just gave me the number when I was young

Got a long line of heartache
I carry it well
The list of lives
I've broken reach from here to hell
Back luck been blowing at my back
I pray you don't look at me, I pray I don't look back

Never had me a name

Never had me a name

I posted this song before. Not sure I totally agree with it but in many ways is me.

I have tried and cannot embed a video. Please listen to that last one Dan and tell me that is not Cash...

Johnny Cash was a wild man. Drugs, alcohol, fame and extremely deep. Pretty sure his humble heart and fretting voice could easily sing that song

Ischiavo, I once called you an electrician. Think you have had a little more schooling than that. Still.. same type of people. I don't know why.. Just how it is.

Back