East Coast Beer Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to Florida in July for my mom's birthday and driving all the way down the east coast from Connecticut. On the way back I plan on stopping in a few places along the way. I'm not really looking for breweries because I don't want to have to go very far off I-95 to get anywhere (time considerations). I'm more looking for great liquor/package stores that have amazing beer selections that are along the way right off I-95. Anyone from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida know any goods places I should check out on my journey? Orlando will be the furthest south I will be going and I do plan on checking out Cigar City since I'll be there for 5 days. Thanks.

You're leaving from Groton! Not sure if you're familiar with the area. I'm from mystic, just a mile or two away. Anyways there are three cool small breweries just miles from Groton. Cottrell in pawcatuck, Beer'd in stonington and grey sail in westerly. Cottrell is my favorite, they have some bottles of there perrys revenge (wee heavy) which they aged in wood ford reserve barrels which are excellent.

BTW if you want a Brewery not too far off of I95, skip Philly, take 295 through NJ will probably save about 20 miles and the speed limit on 295 is 65 in most spots so you'll move faster (and less traffic, not Philly/WIlmington slowdown, etc.) adn about 2 miles off of 295 if they're open by then (still constructing the brewery) is Flying Fish Brewing Co.

You're leaving from Groton! Not sure if you're familiar with the area. I'm from mystic, just a mile or two away. Anyways there are three cool small breweries just miles from Groton. Cottrell in pawcatuck, Beer'd in stonington and grey sail in westerly. Cottrell is my favorite, they have some bottles of there perrys revenge (wee heavy) which they aged in wood ford reserve barrels which are excellent.

Thanks, but I'm familiar with all those places since I live here. I'm trying to find places I don't normally have access to.

BTW if you want a Brewery not too far off of I95, skip Philly, take 295 through NJ will probably save about 20 miles and the speed limit on 295 is 65 in most spots so you'll move faster (and less traffic, not Philly/WIlmington slowdown, etc.) adn about 2 miles off of 295 if they're open by then (still constructing the brewery) is Flying Fish Brewing Co.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on them and hopefully they're open by the time I'm rolling through.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on them and hopefully they're open by the time I'm rolling through.

Also sticking to the 295 theme, all of about 3 miles off it there's an awesome bar in Mount Holly, NJ. that's got a very good beer selection and great food. Their Spicy Cajun Burger is outstanding. This is their site.

LINK

Back