What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-591532127.jpg

Sticking with only Colorado craft beers for craft beer week. I can see why Telluride got best American brown ale. Smooth and rich

Ridire said:
Giving it a whirl. I'm new to Scotch Ales but I like it. Can't seem to find a date on these bottles. Think I will let the rest sit for a little while.

Not going to lie, this glass is a "wee" bit tough to get to the bottom of.

My home brewed Maibock. Only tasting note and thing I'd like to change for next time is to go a little bit lighter on the Caramunich.. it's a touch too sweet for my taste but still an excellent beer imo.

ForumRunner_20130511_190017.png

ForumRunner_20130511_190035.png

Ridire said:
Not going to lie, this glass is a "wee" bit tough to get to the bottom of.

Yep, that's what I thought about it. Just stash the others away for a long while.

At a family function that is usually a BMC crowd. My wife's cousin surprised me with some New Glarus Spotted Cow. Light and delicious!

WesleyS said:
Yep, that's what I thought about it. Just stash the others away for a long while.

It was just very hot. I put the other 3 away for a later date...maybe Christmas. Now I'm trying to change gears.

image-501758236.jpg

Local brewery tonight not a bad double ipa but not like I'm use to. Not as hoppy as I like but still a pretty good brew

image-1360114611.jpg

image-3139623023.jpg

A very nice Bourbon Barrel Barleywine. I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've tried from these guys.

Well, try try again, I guess...

image-2740180039.jpg

CCB Jose Marti. The mixing bowl has 6oz Sumatra and 2oz of medium dark roast Honduran beans that I semi-coarse ground to cold steep. Kegging version 2 of the oatmeal coffee brown tomorrow night

Good stuff.Great price.I think they must love their consumers.:) Definately has an imperial pilsner malt thing to it which is unique and something Im not really use to. The intensified pilsner malt like character is quite blissful yet they use 6 row giving mealy breadiness. Pretty shure I like this one better than the SN Beer camp Imperial Pils last year.

lakefront local acre.jpg

Dirty glass, big beer. So much roastiness going on here with great coffee notes. I'm digging it. Now.. What's there to eat in here?

image-2864741444.jpg

nedvalton said:
I shattered my other snifter a few weeks ago. Thought I would give CCB some props

The best part is that Dark Lord and Hunahpu are from the same Mayan story. The Dark Lords defeated Hun-Hunahpu (Hunahpu's father) and turned him into a plant (or something like that, gimme a break, I've been drinking!). Hun-Hunapu dropped a tear onto one if the Dark Lord's daughters and impregnated her, she gave birth to Hunahpu, who defeated the Dark Lords.
Dark Lord is served at ccb's Hunahpu Day (I'm not sure if Hunahpu is served at Dark Lord day). Incase anyone wants to nerd-out on beer names.

xMalachi said:
Dirty glass, big beer. So much roastiness going on here with great coffee notes. I'm digging it. Now.. What's there to eat in here?

Does yours taste under attenuated?

I just finished a bomber of the regular, first time I've had it and man, the chewiest/ sweetest ris I've had.

I shattered my other snifter a few weeks ago. Thought I would give CCB some props

If you don't break them, you're probably not using them.

Had one more grav sample for the day. Brett beer with three strains isolated from Cantillon by BKYeast. Down to 1.011ish and tasting mighty nice. I guess I'll pitch some ECY Flemish slurry, but I might just pitch FV-13 dregs. I'm hoping for a medium time frame sour, something I can at least bottle in 6 months if not be drinking.

Also while out just had cantillion gueuze and de struise Delphine cuvée

I think you're winning the thread so far tonight. Maine sure sounds nice.

On to Founders Curmudgeon here. I can see this being quite nice with a little time to calm down.

Back