Almond Honey: Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolopez1026

Reaction score
Has anyone used almond honey in mead? just picked up a gallon of almond honey the stuff is raw and almost in solid form, picked it up at a fruit stand in central california. They were making breaking it down into jars, and happened to buy a gallon of them. Has a nice nutty taste to it, dont know how it would translate into mead. any feedback or suggestions on what to do with this would be appreciated. have only done about 3 batches of mead, but have done over 100 batches of homebrew.

I bet it would make a very tasty mead! A gallon of honey usually weighs in at about 12 lbs, so at 3 lbs/gal you have enough for a 4 gallon batch. You could stretch it by mixing in 3 lbs of a nondescript honey like clover or alfalfa to give you enough for a 5 gallon batch. "Honeynut Mead" sounds pretty good.
Regards, GF.

Resurrecting this thread. Jolopez, did you ever make a mead with the almond honey? I just came across some almond honey at the farmers market. I didn't buy it yet but I'm thinking about going back next week to pick some up. Would love to know if anyone else has used it.

Back