Will my crushed grains still be ok in a week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomnoob

Reaction score
I was going to brew today, I bought all the ingredients that I needed after i went to the dentist on Tuesday. But it turns out that something came up, just won't be able to today. I might be able to later this week, but I'm thinking of waiting until next Sunday. The grains are not sealed, but I put the bag of them in a food grade bucket and put the lid on. Should that keep them until next week?

I've kept crushed grains in a sealed food grade bucket for a couple months with no issue.

My LHBS keeps a good bit of grain just in their nylon stock bags in the cooler for weeks at a time. They also keep some in air-tight buckets, but I have never had a grain problem with them. I have some grain in my cooler right now mixed up in the nylon bag they came in, no worries here. Just don't leave them out in the sun for a whole day or anything extreme and they will be fine.

Back